Sign in to follow this  
LotusGT1

Nissan Skyline R35 - Finally a new version !

22 posts in this topic

AutoExpress:

The world's most technologically advanced driver's car is set for a major facelift, Auto Express can exclusively reveal. Nissan's outrageous new Skyline, the R35 GT-R, is set to succeed the current R34 and will hit the streets in 2003. So prepare for a gripping head-to-head battle with Porsche's 911 Carrera 4!

Nissan feels it's important for the R35 to maintain the established image of the Skyline range which it will join. As a result, the front-engined, two-door coupé will proudly bear the red-and- silver GT-R badges, as well as the now-familiar sculpted rear wings and front spoilers. Under the skin, however, there have been major advances which promise that the latest Skyline will be the most driver-orientated version to date. The active torque-sensing four-wheel-steering system and six-speed gearbox are to be revised. The same goes for the suspension, which uses all-new springs and dampers to offer a smoother ride.

The engines, too, are to be given a radical overhaul. There are two units under consideration: a normally aspirated 3.5-litre V8 and a twin-turbocharged 3.3-litre V6. Either unit could in theory be tuned to develop somewhere in the region of 350bhp – far more powerful than anything the Japanese manufacturer offers at the moment.

Currently, the 3.3-litre powerplant is the favoured choice, as it is expected to be seen in the manufacturer's Z Car coupé which is debuting at the Detroit Motor Show in January. And Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn is well aware that if the Japanese firm is to compete successfully on a global basis, it has to produce strong engines which are powerful enough to compete with Europe's finest supercars.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/APater6076/ne...dia/1-1551.jpeg

WOW!!!

I personnally think that R35 have indeed evolve to be more streamline than his elder bro R34....

Plus in one set of fog light..hee

Any other pics showing the car in diff. view...

I will like to see whether it's back light is still the SAME...hee :D

Looks pretty good. The headlights remind me a tad of the new Lexus SC and IS...and the body is too aggressive, I'd like to see it toned down a bit, a la the R34. The headlights are too streamlined as well, like a luxury sedan. And, yes, the rear end is too arched--it looks too stubby, should be longer. And, yes, I've seen the same pic before, Dylan, and my griped will probably mean nothing, as it was obviously digitally enhanced.

[Edited by Ferdinand on 11-28-2000 at 05:29 PM]

Originally posted by Dylan_Michael

It looks like they photoshopped the pic, I have the same one since june. No offense...

Yes, I remember that picture of the blue car you posted on our old Xtreemcars-forum. The car is in the exact same position photographed, so you could be right. Anyway, this is what AutoExpress posted.