Enthu buyer

Buying new car, need expert advice.

6 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I am posting here to get your honesh feedback and choice about the car that suits our requirement.

Thanks a lot for your time in reverting to our query.

1) We are family of 3 adults+1child
My husband (5.10") or I (5.4") can drive
My mom (5'2")
My child (4 year old)

2) This is going to be our first car, we learnt the car driving but never drove other cars.

3) Looking for Automatic Car IVT/CVT/DCT ??

Which automatic transmission do you think is reliable, smooth(not jerky for sure), low maintenance and fun to drive ?

4) Drive mostly in Pune City (80%) - max 25kms per day) and sometimes on weekend trips with family (once in a month or so) (only after corona ofcourse :D)

5) Rear seat legroom and comfort is most important as my mom prefers a bit comfortable seating and also if we need to place a child car seat

6) Boot space also matters as we may need to place luggage along with the pram when required

7) Budget for on-road price is around 12-13L

8) Need a reliable car with good build quality, safety, comfort, service network, less complaints, low maintenance

9) We are looking forward to keep the car at least 8-10 years. So expecting City milege of at least 13-14 on average.

10) Almost had finalized Nexon but dropped the idea as our preference is Automatic and we know Nexon AMT BS6 too is lil jerky
And poor after sales service

11) Looking for Features
-Android/apple car play
-rear camera sensors
--rear seat LED light
-- LED light in Boot
-hill load assist
-traction control
-rear AC vents
-60-40 rear seat folding
-leather seat covers (will consider under accessories if not available)

12) we always heard about hassle free service of Maruti and Hundai in India. 

We are not a big fan of Maruti cars though due to its poor build quality and less premium feel :-)

14) Is it worth to invest in compact SUV considering rear seat comfort and boot soaceor sedan/hatchback willdo our job in Automatic transmission?

CSUV:
HUNDAI Venue
KIA SONET
FORD Ecosport

Sedan:
Honda City
Hundai Verna

Hatchback:
Honda Jazz
Hundai i20
Honda Amaze

15) Also, how about after sales service and network for these foreign brands Ford, Skoda and VW?

Thanks again for your time. Please take care, stay safe!

I have the similar situation with you and I recommend you the Honda city 2020.

The new City is out there with four variants the S, E, V and RS e:HEV. The former three have the same 1.5L petrol, and their prices are RM74,191, RM81,664 and RM86,561 respectively. These prices less than before despite higher specs are on-the-road price excluding insurance, but with the 2020 tax exemption.

The RS hybrid has not released a price yet, as deliveries do not start until January next year. HM has collected 5,000 bookings for the new City so far and therefore the initial sales target is 3,000 units per month. This may be raised by 500 units once the RS joins the fierce competition in 2021.

The fifth-generation Honda City is greatly larger than the car it replaces. Compared to the favored fourth-gen B-segment sedan, the new car is 111 mm longer (4,553 mm) and 54 mm wider (1,748 mm). The larger footprint includes a ten mm lower height, and unchanged wheelbase is 2,600 mm long (platform is carried over but with improvements). The boot capacity is 519 litres thats 17 litres less than the previous 536 one, but still plays a leading role in its class.

A larger second motor, which churns out 108 PS and 253 Nm, has the ability to send drive to the wheels. Since this traction motordrives the car most of the time, and the i-MMD system does away with a standard gearbox, but the engine can send direct drive at a higher speed by employing a lock-up clutch and a single-speed transmission (e-CVT) this is often because the ICE is more efficient than an electrical motor at a higher speed. Since the engine features a part-time job in powering the wheels, this is often not an extensive motor of EV system like Nissans e-Power.

Why the new car wants to make it debut in Malaysia? Obviously, Malaysia is the first country around the world to provide the town with Hondas two-motor i-MMD hybrid system, which till now was only offered on the newest Jazz within the compact segment. The i-MMD also features within the hybrid variants of the Accord and CR-V.

It is the leading market for the Hondas hybrids in the Asia-Oceania region, accounting for about 40% of sales in the past five years. By the way, much work has done in HMs Pegoh plant in Melaka. In this sense, Malaysia is ready and qualified to produce cars with the i-MMD hybrid system, and therefore the City RS wont be the primary and last of its kind.

At the kernel of the i-MMD system which replaces the previous generation i-DCD may be a 1.5 litre Atkinson-cycle DOHC i-VTEC engine (98 PS at 5,600 to 6,400 rpm, 127 Nm at 4,500 to 5,000 rpm, 40.5% thermal efficiency is worlds best), which doesn't power the car, but functions mainly as a generator with the assistance of an integrated motor , which also acts as a starter.

You must buy big and comfortable car. For example Land cruiser. Or a jeep for example.  And I wish you good luck with the choice and in further operation

Edited by JohnJob

maybe you can consider honda crv, it is big enough for your family, and it is automative. The price is also cheap. If you wish, you can check the price of honda cars on this wesite: honda crv

On 5/8/2021 at 12:55 AM, JimOnealFord said:

We got this 2021 Ford Escape that is perfect for what you are looking for. It best fits for a family ride and has great features which you are looking for Impression autocollant Nice. Try to explore more about the Ford Escape through the trusted Ford car dealer in Sellersburg, IN

It is true that the car looks quite good. It remains to test its performance.