Sign in to follow this  
Twin Turbo

American cars suck

206 posts in this topic

Hey, you American car fans, give me a SEDAN or SALOON, how ever you call it, that can beat the best European sedan. Gimme a better car than the M5 or the Audi RS4. Try it, you wont find one.

Originally posted by hondakiller

im quite happy but it still wouldnt beat it on a track. happy twin turbo? the viper would beat a 911 turbo on the track if they both had competent drivers. how bout the 50k base porsche against the cobra r and the cobra driver will be sleeping by the time the porsche catches him at the finish line.

First of all, the 911 Turbo accelerates better from the curves, because it doesn't slide as much as the Viper. Second, by the start, the 911 Turbo goes like a rocket and the Viper is still on it's place burning the rubber of its wheels. Top speed 911 Turbo: 305 km/h, Top speed Viper: 285 km/h. Acceleration 911 Turbo 0-100 km/h: 4,2 sec., acceleration Viper 0-100 km/h: 4,6 sec. So how do you explain that the Viper would win?

I can't find a European concurrent for 50 k, because I already said that the European cars are overpriced! So let's take a car from the same class. Because Cobra R is also some kind of special model, I'll take the Ruf CTR-2 Sport. And the Ruf wins easily. That's clear.

Ha!! This is the funnest post I've seen in a long time! Do you try to get people pissed off at you or something?

Alright. I have a friend with a STREET LEGAL 89 Mustang GT. It runs 13.2 in the quarter. I own a 1991 Cougar XR7 with the same motor, and it runs 14.3. Its a goddam family car, that runs 14.3. How about a 96 Impala SS. With a little work, thats a 12 second family car that weighs 2 tons.

A Viper will run 12.0 STOCK! Just check Popular Mechanics's report on the fastest vehicles of all time!

Take the Corvette Z06. 385 horses stock... thats underrated too. So its damn near 400 HP from a 5.7L V8 engine. You take those turbo Diamond Star cars.. you'll never beat a vette (both bone stock). Twin Turbo.. you have challenged a world, both from America, and other countries.. probably your own.

Try this one.. you get a Hennessey Viper that puts out 800HP from a modded up V10 for $100k, and a race-tuned McLaren that puts out 650HP for 10x the price.

If I had the time, I'd kick Twin Turbo in the ass with a 2,000-word essay about why he is a dick face and why American cars do not suck, but I'm fighting a cold and the computer screen is stinging my eyes, so I'll let it slip this time. Just like what WinstonDog said, he's too stupid to catch on to anything of what we're saying.

Yeah, "Ferdinand" means Im a huge supportter of Porsche, hence Euro Cars, but I'm not fuck faced enough to think that American cars suck. Like everyone else said, you're wrong, and you have no facts. And nice comebcak before, telling me to fuck my mom... really fucking original, rectum chewer.

ok you like challenges...lets go.

"Yes about the McLaren, it has still 627 hp, you know, I think that's more than 450 hp, or isn't it? And my name has nothing to do with what I write about."

yes 177hp more but for hmm lets see about 825k more base price? also where are you gonna find one of 64 mclaren F1's to race? in addition. can you say TNT king snake. 777hp N/A hp for around what 200k? still about 1/5 of a mclaren (mclaren base price is ~890,000usd.)

"I want that Viper go against a McLaren F1 on the N-ring and we will see which one wins."

we will see: the viper will win. see theres these things called turns and the GTS-R has about .16 more g's on the skidpad, and coming out of turns theres this thing called torque...have a nice day.

"That's because all European cars are overpriced. But the price hasn't got to do anything with the quality. OK, let's take a car that is about the same price as the Viper. Here where I live, the Porsche 911 Turbo costs about as much as the Viper. The 911 Turbo would win the Viper. Happy Hondakiller?"

where do you live? here in the US a 996/911 Turbo is 118,000 and a viper base is 60-66 grand. thats not quite the same, actually its almost double.

"The american cars are so f****** soft that you can´t drive over 100 km/h with them."

hey captain fuckup...i shift from first gear at just under 100km/h. (and i dont fly off the track like you said in one of your later posts) AND AMERICAN CARS SOFT? who are you kidding dude 2 words. muscle cars.

"Oh, one more thing European car´s are expensiver and MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the americans. For example lets take Audi S8 vs Cadillac Seville

Audi S8 4.2 liter, 5,4 s 0-100 km/h, 430 nm, 250 km/h top speed (limited)

Cadillac Seville 4,6 liter, 6,8 s 0-100 km/h, 400 nm, 240 km/h top speed

both have a V8"

dude how much more expensive is an s8 than a seville? im gonna guess a good 20 grand. and when were talking about cars that are under 100,000 thats a lot of money. also the S8 has awd, the caddy is fwd.

seriously you are probably one of the only people ive ever heard complain about american cars being underpowered. and if you would have read any of the US vs. the world topics you would have seen posts by me/chrisv/winston and various others breaking it down barney style to people like you or people that just have an honest interest in cars that americans do not build cars for hp/liter, they did not build the viper to compete with the CLK-GTR or variants. you think it would have been priced at ~70k if they wanted to compete with the mclaren f1? i think not. not even the F50 was made to compare with the mclaren. moron. american cars are aimed at the market. guess what that means...they are aimed to make money, not be ultra performance ultra rare limited production supercars. that is where mclaren/ferrari come in. theres only 100 mclarens in the world including race versions. 349 F50's. 350 xj220's, youre just an idiot dude. and just go back to my thing about top fuel dragsters...someone else mentioned it too.

consider yourself challenged...

No American sedan can beat the M5. The totality of the M5 is so amazing. It has excellent handling, what I can't say about most American cars, it's more powerful, the quality is better and everything. No American car can beat the M5 or the RS4!

Drive X, I can give your Hennessay something to think about. Let's take Koenig Ferrari F50 Twinturbo, 800 hp, 0-100 km/h 3.1 sec. And we can always take the Renault Espace F1 with also 800 hp, that one goes from 0-100 km/h in 2.7 sec. I don't care about the price. How often do I have to tell you this: the European cars are overpirced, I konw.

dude youre stupid first of all with the Koenig F50 TT its 850 hp dont talk about cars if you dont know what youre saying. also WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO GET ONE YES THEY EXIST BUT CAN THEY BE OBTAINED AND YES THAT MATTERS DUMBASS second of all (yea im gonna talk about price again, ya know why? cuz it matters when youre trashing a country in general because of the production aims you cannot have a basis to trash a company for not living up to the ideals/methods of other compaines) anyway hennessey does a dayum good job for the price it costs. the 650R costs 170 grand and does the 1/4 in 10.47 and thats hella fast. thirdly GM and ford do not make 80 thousand dollar sedans like mercedes. ford owns jag and jag makes the XJR; the M5 will beat it but its not that far behind. if you dont want to consider price at least dont try to compare production american cars to limited production european supercars/exotics.

Hey, Lord Cool Guy, about the price of the McLaren. First of all I've said hundreds of times that European cars are overpriced. That's because if someone is rich, he'll by a European sports car even if the American cars were a little bit cheaper. And the Viper isn't so damn cheap in Europe than it is in America. And the McLaren is so damn expensive, like you said there are only 100 McLarens, because it's so rare. If McLaren would build as much F1's as Dodge does Vipers, the F1 would be cheaper than it is now.

[Edited by Twin Turbo on 11-10-2000 at 11:36 PM]

If they build it, the new G8 Grand Prix would wipe the floor up with an M5 for a bit more than half the price.

Sure, it's not as nice inside, but then again the M5 doesn't have HUD (or does it, I forget)...

385hp/tq (rated)

AWD

285x35x18 wheels/tires

2nd generation stability control

Build it Pontiac! Build it! Put some more crap on it and call it the new Firebird, if you want... just build it!

Ok, lets just get this over with. Twin Turbo, Since the drag racing season is nearly over with, I'll be more than happy to make a run down to Kansas City to take you on with a Mc Lauren or whatever else you want to bring along. You find one of those that the owner is actually willing to flog for a day and I'll find a Viper and a C5, heck I'll even bring my little '86 Shelby GLHS along for the fun. After we've gotten the best runs we think we can muster without a professional driver; afterall who would know each car better than the owner, right? We'll make a run to an empty parking lot, mark out a 300ft skidpad and have a few trys there. Then we'll head on out to an empty highway and measure the 60-, 70- and 100-0 distances and time; heck we can even do them right after another to measure the brake fade if you want. then we'll set out a 700ft slolom course for fun. Don't get all pissy on me since I don't want to use perfect track conditions for the braking, and handling. These are STREET CARS, am I correct? So why not test them on actual road surfaces aside from the drag racing since that's just stupid, illegal and unsafe to do on a public road. After we're all done we can add up the times and distances and divide by price. Compare that to Consumer Reports durability/longevity findings and see who's blowing smoke... up their own ass to inflate thier ego. How's Nov. 18th sound, the track may still be open the 25th but I'm not certain about that. The cold air will help make more power for your beloved cars...c'mon you know you wanna. :)