Sign in to follow this  
Twin Turbo

American cars suck

206 posts in this topic

Oh!!

If Money is not a problem. I belive you can buy a Viper GTS-R and race with the McLaren F1 in N-Ring.And I thing It will Kill a McLaren F1.

Do you think If you Bring that VW 2.1 liter 5 cyl. 900Hp car and Race it in a N ring .Do you thing That car will winor last??I belive that engine wont last for few laps!!!And it will break down.

JWKC

[Edited by JWKC on 11-10-2000 at 11:59 AM]

Originally posted by rthompson

This wouldn't be such a stupid topic if he could actually name a car that is even twice as expensive that can compete with an american car.

Yes but the Europeans are much expensivers than the Americans. Okay for example an Lotus Esprit V8 it cost´s 79 325 USD or an TVR Cerbera.

Originally posted by JWKC

Oh!!

If Money is not a problem. I belive you can buy a Viper GTS-R and race with the McLaren F1 in N-Ring.And I thing It will Kill a McLaren F1.

Do you think If you Bring that VW 2.1 liter 5 cyl. 900Hp car and Race it in a N ring .Do you thing That car will winor last??I belive that engine wont last for few laps!!!And it will break down.

JWKC

[Edited by JWKC on 11-10-2000 at 11:59 AM]

Oh!!!!!!!!!! if money is not a problem why would I buy a GTS R when I can buy a Porsche 911 GT1 evo and break the Viper!!!

Originally posted by Twin Turbo

Yes but the Europeans are much expensivers than the Americans.

That's just priceless right there. Go back home to fucking the sleeve of your favorite jacket.

The problem here, Twin Turbo, you blatant waste of atmospheric oxygen, is that you are comparing 1 MILLION DOLLAR race-prepped cars to sub-80K street-legal American race cars. Hmm, yes, I wonder which will win? Pick a European car in the Viper's class, and what do you know, the Viper wins! You do realize that the way you're arguing, you're proving the effectiveness of American cars; if you can find nothing other than million dollar race cars to compete with a mere $70K base Viper, then Americans are doing pretty well!

By the way, there are thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of American cars with 1000+ hp engines, non-turboed. Open up pretty much any issue of any domestic tuner magazine and you'll find plenty.

This is ridiculous, American cars suck? While I am a staunch supporter of European Cars, I in no way think American Cars suck. The Mclaren F1 uses a BMW Motorsports division engine, and the car costs more than a million dollars, the Dodge Viper uses a pushrod V10 for raw power and torque on demand, and only costs $80k. The Vette costs $40k and uses a 5.7 liter engine, both American Cars are liveable on the streets for everyday use, as well as decent track performance for less than a tenth the cost of the Mclaren F1. Oreca Vipers, "regular" Vipers, Ford GT40, Ford GT90, Shelby Cobra, Boss Mustangs, the current 10 liter Boss Mustang, Shelby Mustangs, Detamaso Pantera, Vette ZR1 and Z06, Saleen Mustangs, Shelby Mustangs, Saleen S7... yeah American cars suck.

Originally posted by Ferdinand

Yes but the Europeans are much expensivers than the Americans.

That's just priceless right there. Go back home to fucking the sleeve of your favorite jacket.

I can say something else what's wrong with the american cars. The american cars are so f****** soft that you can´t drive over 100 km/h with them. You are just so pist of because I think the american cars suck. And I can say something to you go and f*** your mom. Oh, one more thing European car´s are expensiver and MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the americans. For example lets take Audi S8 vs Cadillac Seville

Audi S8 4.2 liter, 5,4 s 0-100 km/h, 430 nm, 250 km/h top speed (limited)

Cadillac Seville 4,6 liter, 6,8 s 0-100 km/h, 400 nm, 240 km/h top speed

both have a V8

So what can I say European cars are MUCH better than the american cars. You have some good designed cars but when I just look at new Ford Thunderbird I feel sick it is so horrible. Oh I almost forgot, do you think that an automatic gearbox is sportive? I have seen it in many Vettes, it´s a "sport car". I just think that the american cars are meant to grandparents who can´t change gears, or do buy them because you can´t change gears?

Do you try to be that stupid? First of all... look at his name... Ferdinand. Now, this may or may not be true, but I always thought that had something to do with Ferdinand Porsche. Maybe I'm wrong, but considering that his 911th, 960th, 944th, 993th, 996th, etc. posts were dedicated to the respective cars in Porsche's line-up, I think not. So not even the people who like European cars agree with you. Sucks to be you, doesn't it?

Can't drive over 100km/h in an American car...

ok, now that statement is just so retarded, like the person who wrote it, that I'm not even going to waste my time refuting it.

American sedans? Lincoln LS was the MT Car of the year, won many other awards, had countless excellent reviews, etc etc.

The Thunderbird makes you feel horrible? You're apparently the only one who thinks that, everyone else loves it. Just because you're too myopic and stupid to understand different styling, fortunately doesn't mean everyone else is.

But seriously, I don't know why I'm bothering to argue with you. You, and so many others like you, are so stupid that not only do they believe the utter bullshit they espout, but are too stupid to comprehend any sort of argument thrown at them. You have yet to prove your case, and no matter how well everyone else on this board proves the opposite, you're too stubborn to ever change your idiotic views.

Does it hurt, being that stupid?

Haha!

I've gone 290k/mh in my car on the 401. It cost me just over $40K USD to build my car. The car was still pulling hard, but I just plain lost my nerve... a deer at that speed would destroy me... I'd rather save it for the track.

A short list of cars I beat this year on a race track with my solid-axle heavy tank of a car that won't handle:

o Motorola Cup prepped Type-R with 9 time overall champion at the wheel

o Two Challenge Cup Corvettes (yes, american tube-frame cars)

o Acura NSX (by *nine* seconds a lap)

o super-modified MR2 with straight exhaust, 400hp motor

o every VW, Porsche, Lotus and Honda in the series (including a real Super 7)

o every Mustang in the series

o spec rotary racer, multiple times

My car is by *no means* a max-modification car. Hell, it idles at 900 RPM almost like stock and pulls 430rwhp naturally aspirated. Has a full interior including CD stack. Stock brake parts with just Hawk Blues.

So, bring your $45K (brand new, with any mods you're going to do) european car and tangle with a little grassroots racer in Ontario. Please, I'm begging you.

That reminds me of a story that unfolded this summer of a co-worker that built a "300hp Corrado with a complete racing suspension and complete strip-job". It was supposed to have a 15% better power/weight ratio than my car, and the huge weight difference (almost double) would mean it would eat me alive. I raced him five blocks (with corners) here in town - I took him off the line immediately, pulled about five car lengths to the first corner (at 130km/h, had to brake), and by the time I got to the agreed finish line, he was just coming around the last corner. He was destroyed. And he's driving a 10 year old Corrado with no interior and within $10K investment of my car. Just to make my point, I fired up the CD stack and waited for him to pull up beside me in a parking lot. All he could do is shake his head and swear. Say it with me: "horsepower sells cars, and torque wins races". P.S. he was still sure he could win until he saw me go through the first corner, and my car practically jumped it accelerated so hard - that's when he knew it wasn't going to happen.

Purpose of the story, again, is that if you come up against a similarly modified American car, you'd better know what you're up against. Around my circles - in road racing - they all have (sometimes grudging) respect for American cars because when you're three seconds a lap slower in your BMW, you have to shut the hell up and live with it or face the ridicule of your peers.

Another good story is a Ferrari owner that deliberately sat and trash-mouthed my car in a subtle way ("big heavy American cars don't stand a chance against a light, nimble car like my X9 - in XXXX series, they're right with the fastest cars"). I asked him how long he's been racing his car - oh, about 3 years, and before that he did ice racing. Then, I went out on the track and happily smashed him by six seconds a lap. Later in the day he came over and told me about his religious experience watching me come around a corner with my foot flat on the floor, and jumped a gear up - because he figures I had 50mph on him through it - and when we compared speeds, I actually had about 40mph up. P.S. I lost to a Corvette that day - YMMV.

Oh, modified it a bit here... here's a link in case anyone's interested, of the track record I set at Mosport DDT (Class A Street Prepared, 98 Pontiac Firebird):

http://www.soloontario.com/event9and10.htm

Feel free to compare my lap time of 56.234 to any other car on the list. I'll set a lower time next year, since I was just a novice this year. Remember, this is not a highly modified car, is fully streetable and has complete interior... by American standards it's not even a sports car.

Just to make it a little easier:

Mazda RX7: 59.861

Lotus Super 7: 61.411

Acura Type R: 59.584

Talon Tsi: 59.899

Prelude: 59.377

Miata (champion driver): 61.597

Nissan 200SX: 71.487

Honda Civic: 62.180 (crazy driver)

Motorola Cup Integra R: 57.778

Supercharged VW Scirocco: 58.685

Note that this was a small, tight track that I could not make real use of my horsepower, but the torque came in pretty handy.

Point made. You'll probably come up with some stupid retort about a car worth $950,000 more than mine, i guess.

[Edited by ShamanWS6 on 11-10-2000 at 02:45 PM]

Originally posted by Kurenai

Great. Another brainless moron. Yes, the McLaren has more horsepower than the Viper. Yeay. It also costs over over 14 times as much. At that price, it had sure as hell better beat out the Viper.

I don't know how many times I, Chris, Mecca, Winston, and others have said this, and I know we'll have to repeat it millions of times more, but I'll repeat it for your small-minded benefit. Americans cars don't suck because they use large engines, its simply a different way of getting power. In the case of American cars, they generally use a simpler pushrod design that are powerful and very durable... you can't say their engines are crap, because they simply AREN'T. And I notice that you have no facts backing up your statement as well.

We can't make sports cars? How stupid are you? Viper, Vette, Saleen S7, Mosler MT900, do I need to go on? The Viper pretty much rules most of the races its been in, and the MT900 handily beat many more expensive European cars. That statement, along with the rest of your argument, is pure, 100%, FDA-approved bullshit.

All those "sport cars" you mentioned are underpowered crap!

Vette 5.7 liter engine with 344 hp, ou, I'm really scared! And I don't give a s*** about the Viper winning some races. I want that Viper go against a McLaren F1 on the N-ring and we will see which one wins.

HAHA, that's funny. A car for 77k and a car for $1,250,000 at the track. I don't even think a Macleran will be able to take the Viper on the track, it would be close but I think the Viper would have it. Corvette's 345hp not enough? I don't know but you have some serious problems and don't have a clue of what your talking about. Both the Vette and Viper compete with cars 3-4 times their price.

Originally posted by Kurenai

Do you try to be that stupid? First of all... look at his name... Ferdinand. Now, this may or may not be true, but I always thought that had something to do with Ferdinand Porsche. Maybe I'm wrong, but considering that his 911th, 960th, 944th, 993th, 996th, etc. posts were dedicated to the respective cars in Porsche's line-up, I think not. So not even the people who like European cars agree with you. Sucks to be you, doesn't it?

Can't drive over 100km/h in an American car...

ok, now that statement is just so retarded, like the person who wrote it, that I'm not even going to waste my time refuting it.

American sedans? Lincoln LS was the MT Car of the year, won many other awards, had countless excellent reviews, etc etc.  

The Thunderbird makes you feel horrible? You're apparently the only one who thinks that, everyone else loves it. Just because you're too myopic and stupid to understand different styling, fortunately doesn't mean everyone else is.

But seriously, I don't know why I'm bothering to argue with you. You, and so many others like you, are so stupid that not only do they believe the utter bullshit they espout, but are too stupid to comprehend any sort of argument thrown at them. You have yet to prove your case, and no matter how well everyone else on this board proves the opposite, you're too stubborn to ever change your idiotic views.

Does it hurt, being that stupid?

Whit the 100 km/h I meant that you can´t drive over it because ohterwise the car will fly of the track.

I don´t give a shit what the Lincoln has won.

And about the Thunderbird. Can't I have my own opinion about the design of cars. If you all love it, well I don't care, because you all are some Americans who love their cars even if they were like the Saturns. I bet that you don't like the design of the Saturn sedans.

And I also don't give a shit if Ferdinand is behind me or not! You all Americans can drive your underpowered and stupid looking cars in your country, but don't come to me and say that I'm stupid because I think that the Thunderbird looks like shit.

im not even going to waste my time on a long post for this idiot. just find me one car that can beat a viper on a track for 75k. or a cobra r for 50k or a z06 for 50k. you wont,american cars are fast for cheap so shut up. hp/liter is only important where displacement is restricted or taxed otherwise it is meaningless. wheres chris v or gts when ya need em? underpowered? are we talking about the same cars here? 450hp is underpowered? 7000hp is underpowered? i thought we were comparing american cars to other cars not airplanes. also if you want hp/liter here it is, a typical top fuel dragster has 7000hp out of about 500 cu. in. by my calculations, that is over 850hp/liter. so suck on that hp/liter you moron. american cars fly off the track above 100km/h? i thought 200mph was higher that 100km/h. nascar goes a hell of a sight faster than 100km/h and they dont fly off the track. i think you better talk to mercedes about flying off the track.

[Edited by hondakiller on 11-10-2000 at 03:20 PM]

Originally posted by hondakiller

im not even going to waste my time on a long post for this idiot. just find me one car that can beat a viper on a track for 75k. or a cobra r for 50k or a z06 for 50k. you wont,american cars are fast for cheap so shut up. hp/liter is only important where displacement is restricted or taxed otherwise it is meaningless. wheres chris v or gts when ya need em? underpowered? are we talking about the same cars here? 450hp is underpowered? 7000hp is underpowered? i thought we were comparing american cars to other cars not airplanes. also if you want hp/liter here it is, a typical top fuel dragster has 7000hp out of about 500 cu. in. by my calculations, that is over 850hp/liter. so suck on that hp/liter you moron.

[Edited by hondakiller on 11-10-2000 at 03:15 PM]

That's because all European cars are overpriced. But the price hasn't got to do anything with the quality. OK, let's take a car that is about the same price as the Viper. Here where I live, the Porsche 911 Turbo costs about as much as the Viper. The 911 Turbo would win the Viper. Happy Hondakiller?

im quite happy but it still wouldnt beat it on a track. happy twin turbo? the viper would beat a 911 turbo on the track if they both had competent drivers. how bout the 50k base porsche against the cobra r and the cobra driver will be sleeping by the time the porsche catches him at the finish line.