Sign in to follow this  
chowsare

Which car should I buy?

0 posts in this topic

Hello all.

I am currently driving a 2007 Lexus IS250 AWD. I love my vehicle and the way it handles. However, I am ready to trade up for a newer vehicle.

I have spent hours researching, and I made the decision I wanted a Mazda 6 (2016-Current). I live in a rural location, and the selection of nearby Mazda vehicles is small.  Locally I found a 2017 Mazda 6 with 25k in pristine condition for 20k. Upon arriving at the lot today, someone was actively buying it (so disappointing). 

There was another Mazda 6 listed at a dealership 2 miles away. This one is a 2019 model with 35k miles for 22k.  The salesman stated the car just arrived and was in service (not available for test drive).  Based on my Lexus, he suggested I test drive a 2015 Mercedes c300 with 40k miles being sold for 23k.  I didn't expect to like it as much as I did.

The look of the Mercedes might be a little "fancy" for my taste, but driving it was smooth (similar to my Lexus).  It also had comparable features to a new vehicle.

I did previously test drive a Mazda, and it was more responsive than what I'm used too, but I wasn't uncomfortable driving it. I also like the body style of this vehicle.

After researching, I worry about the Mercedes costing quite a bit more in repairs should they be needed. I feel the Mazda will be more reliable. Anyone have experience with these particular vehicles care to chime in?

TL/DR:  I am looking to upgrade from a 07 Lexus IS250. My current choices are Mazda 6 (2016-2019) or 2015 Mercedes Benz c300. I'm looking for advice and opinions on both vehicles.