Sign in to follow this  
kat

Looking for a cheap reliable car

15 posts in this topic

Hello! I am attending a college 500 miles away from home and need a good car to make that trip a few times a year. In the winter the pass is snowy, so I am looking for something AWD, but still a sedan or hatchback (I also would prefer manual transmission if possible; I don't know how common those are now). The Subaru Impreza looks perfect for me, but they are expensive! Even ten year old models will run me $10,000. Is there any comparable car to that one that I could find for closer to 6 or 7000? Would an early 2000's Outback be reliable enough for me?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by kat

Perfect Timing! If you are look for Reliable,and CHEAP cars? https://www.subaruofklamathfalls.com/2021-subaru-outback-in-southern-or-offers-new-features-and-amenities.htm  2021 Subaru Outback New Cars with the cheapest pricing are out in the market this early 2020, If you are around Klamath Falls OR , visit us at https://www.subaruofklamathfalls.com/ 

Nothing wrong with the outback at all. Subarus are pretty reliable in general anyway so if you can find one with AWD that sounds like it would be perfect. Should definitely be cheaper than $10K if you get one that's a few years old. 

6 hours ago, a1autotransprt said:

Nothing wrong with the outback at all. Subarus are pretty reliable in general anyway so if you can find one with AWD that sounds like it would be perfect. Should definitely be cheaper than $10K if you get one that's a few years old. 

+1

prod.jpg

a.jpg

Maybe Proton Saga meets your requirements, it is cheap and reliable. It has the sound system of 1.3 premium model, the cabin quality is good, all models now have ABS, EBD and Ba, you can find some other information about it.

Toyota Corolla Altis is a good choice.

Corolla  Hybrid’s engine is a 1.8-liter inline four-cylinder gasoline engine that can provide a maximum power of 98 horsepower at 5,200 rpm and a maximum torque of 142 Nm at 3,600. It is equipped with an automatic transmission E-CVT, which responds promptly.

In addition, it also has a radar detection system, a lane departure warning system, dual front airbags and other safety equipment, with a very high safety factor.

I think Toyota Vios  is good. Vios's engine has good power and enough interior space. The whole car is light and fuel-efficient. The interior is also good. It's simple and generous. There are not so many fancy things. I think the steering wheel is very light and easy to operate.

I share the same view with Jaden Clemons. Toyota Viso is a nice vehicle to drive. Throttle and brake responses are good. Together, it is easy and safe for drivers to control the car while driving and the vehicles steering wheel is stiff with a nice heft to it. It promises a satisfying handling and riding. More importantly, it is a fully budget car! Definitely recommend you to own one!