Mark_Lee

Essential car-maintenance advice?

5 posts in this topic

Hello folks.

I'm an idiot when it comes to cars, but I've learned my lesson that taking care of your car is an essential part of comfortable living in a civilized nation. lol

Aside from regular oil-change, getting tire-pressures checked, getting a new battery every now and then, and turning on your car for at least 30 minutes (even without driving it, just leaving it turned on to recharge battery) at least once a week, what other things that a car owner must keep in mind?

Please note I am not asking for things that are unlikely to be important. I'm just asking for general and REQUIRED things to keep in mind about a car on a regular basis.

If it makes any difference, I own a sedan. 2005 Ford Taurus.

I really appreciate any good advice.

First, for your car exterior, let wash it regularly to have a better look. You can DIY wash your car or taking it to the shop, wax/polish/remove scratches are depended on you. For the interior, it's much better if you can upgrade your car audio system. 

To add some points, check your car battery using a battery tester, renew a car paint, check the audio system/ lights/ brakes/ seat cover and so on.

hi Mark

If you have car that you are not using you have to start it once in a week at least plus check all tires air and if possible try take a small ride which runs oil in all body of the car and help you out to not get rust in your engine and in car hardware parts.

thanks