3 posts in this topic

So I have a 99 Honda CR-V. It looses power as I drive and so I pull over and then it won’t start again. I doubt it’s the battery. After it takes a rest it starts up again. Coolant gets filled twice a week. Oil is normal color. I think it’s the radiator but I’m not sure. It over heated once a little and noticed I didn’t have any coolant. Any suggestions?? I don’t know much about cars but I like to learn new things and the necessities. 

On 11/12/2019 at 4:39 AM, Jeanetteibr said:

So I have a 99 Honda CR-V. It looses power as I drive and so I pull over and then it won’t start again. I doubt it’s the battery. After it takes a rest it starts up again. Coolant gets filled twice a week. Oil is normal color. I think it’s the radiator but I’m not sure. It over heated once a little and noticed I didn’t have any coolant. Any suggestions?? I don’t know much about cars but I like to learn new things and the necessities. 

The engine is likely overheating due to the coolant leak. Even though you might keep adding some, depending where it's leaking the coolant cannot get to where it needs to be. Any time an engine overheats it can very quickly cause engine damage. You risk killing your vehicle when you ignore a coolant leak.

I'd recommend having it looked at to make sure the leak is still worth fixing.