Tomek

Need a cheap and fun first car

8 posts in this topic

Hello!

I will soon get my license, and am thinking about buying my first car. This will not happen soon (need to save some money), but I would like some ideas of where to start. 

My budget will be somewhere around $5000, maybe could go up to 8-10 thousand for something really nice. 

I want a car that will be easy and cheap to maintain, have a spacious (I’m 6’4 with long legs) and pleasant interior, and go fast (would like 0-60 under 6.5 and top speed above 140 or 130 mph). It can have 2 or more seats. I don’t know if everything is possible for my budget, but I have to ask. 

I know a Miata is a common recommendation, but I’d like something that goes maybe a bit faster, if possible. Maybe a Porsche Boxster, but is it reliable? I was thinking about a corvette, chevy camaro, or pontiac firebird, but I don’t want something that I will not be happy driving day to day.

Thanks!

Tomek

Did you have your own first car? Upgrading your car is a great way to have more fun with your car especially your audio system. Try to protect the exterior and then do some crazy things with your interior. Cool

Or you can take a look at the Toyota Camry, Toyota has high quality, good durability and high reliability. The overall feeling is quite commercial, with low fuel consumption, and its performance can stand the test in all aspects.

Nissan GT-R should be on your list. No need to say more about its reputation and status in the automotive world. What's more, GT-R leaves a lot of space for modification. You can see various special editions of GT-R. They're all modifed.