Sign in to follow this  
FIREWHEELS

UUUOUUUUUU That´s acceleration .......

20 posts in this topic

Did you see Mika´s start in Suzuka ... I believed I was seeing the Atlantis launching to Mars.

Telemetri revealed he reached near 120 mph in around 4 secs.

Yes,... yes I know people say TRACTION CONTROL .... yes.

But that´s ACCELERATION POWER. Nothing more ...

That would be a nice way of pulling out of your driveway, wouldn't it?

The closest I ever got to accelerating that fast was when I got the chance to race my friends Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione...

Close, but no cigar!

are you sure about 0-200kmh in 4 secs? Oh and yes traction control, ever noticed how since the 2nd race of the year, no Maclaren has had any wheel spin or smoke on the line? Ferrari's on the other hand a regualar chimneys.

well, considering that those cars have 900+ hp, and weigh like 1500 lbs wet, that acceleration figure is evry realistic. insanity on wheels.

The traction control they would use, would be much different from ones in consumer cars. Instead of breaking in traction control, it would just torque another wheel, but maybe I'm all wrong!

They do use traction control in F1 cars, its an accepted fact, even though it is illegal. The maclarens have jsut got the best traction control. By the way which F1 car has 900hp? You are a bit off mate, try like 850-875max. Also F1 cars weigh 600kg with fluids and driver.

actually burnout, no f1 carmaker will tell the exact amount of power that their engines make. over time, there have been cars with less than 700 hp, and cars with over 1300 hp. most of the cars now are rumored to have from 850-900+ hp. but no manufacturer has given an exact figure in a long long time.

I remeber an article talking about the evolution of HP. It said somethinf like every X-amount of mounth F1 teams manage to increase about 10HP and every year the revs increase about 300-400 revs.

ACCCCCCCCCTUUUUALLLY Kapone, you are wrong. You are right that no teams disclose their power figures, except for Prost, when Alesi let slip that they had 792hp. Maclarens and Ferraris make the most powerful F1 engines and are rumoured to have around 850hp. BMW said that they have 800hp, but not 850hp yet.

no burnout.. you are still wrong.. they are rumored to have at least 850 hp, and any written spec on their engines all say "850+ hp".

and its kepone.

Yes, yes Burnout, 0-200 km/h in no much more than 4 seconds. The 0-260 km/h failed a good time because of Schummi´s maneuver that made Mika turn right, but yeah, that was a rocket comet.

And about F1 engine power, top teams (FERR and MAC) are around 860 hp for qualification and 830-840 in race configuration.

The BMW engine is very powerful and is near the power output of FERR and MAC, but on the other hand, seems to be heavier and larger than these, so the cooling system is big and heavy, so is less competitive,.... but still a good one.

Bye !!!

Well the cars had much more HP atleast for qualifying when they had turbos on the cars. I remember hearing about a McLaren in the late 80s that was set up for qualifying at like 1300HP or so. FUCKING INSANE jeez,...