Sign in to follow this  
Seeitknowit

Subaru Crosstrek or Toyota Rav4 AWD?

6 posts in this topic

I have a 2006 Hyundai Sonata v6 with over 150,000 miles that I have purchased new. I’m looking to replace it with a newer used AWD vehicle with a budget of $18k and under 40,000 miles. I want the Subaru Crosstrek because it’s a very rugged and sporty looking vehicle and has the highest ground clearance than any other vehicle of make. However I really feel (my gut is telling me) that I should really get the Toyota RAV4 because of top rated reliability and I personally know the pre owned manager who works at a Toyota dealer and I could get a much better deal on a Rav4. he also has a 2014 Subaru Outback on his lot with 41,000 miles but it’s just under $19k but he could get me a great deal, is that something I should consider? I keep my vehicles between 10-15 years sometimes a little longer.

I’m interested in a RAV4 also, but my budget is only $6k or $7k so I’m looking for maybe an ‘08 or ‘09 with 100k miles on it, in black exterior color. 

I wonder if your friend knows anyone I can talk to about it? I’m in Oregon.

ps did you make a decision on crosstrek vs RAV4? I was personally considering the crosstrek at one point but like the RAV4 better. Best of luck whatever you choose!

Yes, the Toyota RAV is a good SUV. It handles well, rides smoothly, and gets great gas mileage. It may not be the most upscale SUV in the class, but the new RAV4 has a good-looking interior with plenty of room for people and cargo however the Crosstrek is EPA-rated 27/33/29 mpg city/highway/combined with the CVT, 23/29/25 mpg with the manual. On-road or off, the Subaru Crosstrek's steering is excellent. It uses a quick, 13:1 ratio — much sportier than most vehicles in its class and closer to the BRZ sports car than anything else in Subaru's lineup.. If you're around Klamath Falls Oregon , here's a good review for you, visit us at www.subaruofklamathfalls.com for more options..

Toyota Rav4 AWD you should go with this one as you are getting it in under $18k and under 40k miles and you want to keep it with you for 10-15 years, so , it will be a good fit for you. why not you look at bidexport.com you may get some good cars.