Sign in to follow this  
Hello123

How to connect utility trailer’s lights to 2006 VW Beetle? Please help!

5 posts in this topic

So, I went and got a hitch put on my VW beetle, but, when I started looking into buying a utility trailer, I learned that I have to convert the cars’ electric components or something like that....?

I don’t know much when it comes to car terminology. I found a few things on the web. From what I understand, the lights on bug all get their electricity forms separate wires, so I need to do something to put them together so that I can connect the trailer’s lights. But over all, I’m still confused. 

If someone could please explain to me what I need to do in layman's terms and what I need to get, I’d be ever grateful.

I found this stuff in a different forum ⬇️. Is this information correct? About half of it is gibberish to me. But if it’s right, I’ll try harder to understand it.

E900D908-37DC-4ED8-B949-455B2DEEAC19.jpeg

0E3CDC7A-8B40-453B-B986-6ABAF2293C10.jpeg

I don’t recognize plenty in terms of automobile terminology. I discovered a few matters on the internet. From what I understand, the lights on malicious program all get their strength paperwork separate wires, so I want to do something to put them together in order that I can connect the trailer’s lighting. But over all, I’m nonetheless harassed.

23 hours ago, imarockstar said:

I don’t recognize plenty in terms of automobile terminology      Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1. I discovered a few matters on the internet. From what I understand, the lights on malicious program all get their strength paperwork separate wires, so I want to do something to put them together in order that I can connect the trailer’s lighting. But over all, I’m nonetheless harassed.

If someone could please explain to me what I need to do in layman's terms and what I need to get, I’d be ever grateful.

CURT has a taillight converter that splices into your taillight wiring and provides a standard 4-way flat trailer connector. The part number is #56146. If you go to the part page on their website, they have an installation video that walks you through the process. It's not specific to a VW Beetle, but the wiring functions should translate (running lights, brake lights, turn signals, etc).

https://www.curtmfg.com/part/56146