Jump to content
fanste

Main brake cylinder

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

So I was wondering, can you replace your main brake cylinder with another one from different brand or different model and make of a car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, fanste said:

So I was wondering, can you replace your main brake cylinder with another one from different brand or different model and make of a car.

Not sure if you could swap it with a different brand or make. But you can use and replace your main brake cylinder with a different model.

For example you could swap a Civic EX brake cylinder with a Civic DX brake cylinder.

Edited by Nate4x4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if I got it right, my car is toyota picnic 1996, and I could put main brake cylinder from a newer model, or could I put in from avensis verso or similar model? I mean in theory they all work the same and there should not be a problem right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, fanste said:

So if I got it right, my car is toyota picnic 1996

First of all, this car ( Toyota Picnic) isn't even sold where I live.

9 hours ago, fanste said:

and I could put main brake cylinder from a newer model, or could I put in from avensis verso or similar model?

Sometimes the stroke of the cylinder is of different length.

9 hours ago, fanste said:

I mean in theory they all work the same and there should not be a problem right?

The only way to tell would be to physically compare them side by side to see for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I got it, so basically they need to be same size and be able to fit. So now my question is, can I replace whole brake system and put another one from different car. For example lets say I put in my toyota brake system from porche would it work? I mean has anyone tried it cause I see on tv shows like discovery, etc. were they put in car from 1960 new and better everything, not just brakes but bigger engine, I have seen they even put transmission from whole different engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

×