Aomn93

Car Recommendation for Long Distance Driving

6 posts in this topic

I am seeking advice and recommendations in my search for new (used) car that will fit my comute to my new job. I will be driving about 75 miles each way making it about 750 miles per week (mainly highway). I have a budget of about $7000. Is there any affordable and reliable brands/models that you guys can recommend I should be looking for? I’d much appreciate the help!

Welcome to the forums! Would you be able to provide us your location?

On 1/30/2019 at 10:17 AM, Aomn93 said:

I am seeking advice and recommendations in my search for new (used) car that will fit my comute to my new job. I will be driving about 75 miles each way making it about 750 miles per week (mainly highway). I have a budget of about $7000. Is there any affordable and reliable brands/models that you guys can recommend I should be looking for? I’d much appreciate the help!

Used Civic, Camery, Cruze, Jetta, Cobalt, Avalon?

There's a bunch of decent used cars on the second hand market.

Honestly it really depends on what you like in my opinion.

There aren't really a lot of bad choices you could make here.

If you're just looking for outstanding reliability, maybe a Civic?

Or maybe you want something a little sporty.

There's tons of options out there.

As you have mentioned, you have a commute of almost 750 miles per week, for which you will need a car that is dependable and cost-effective. The Toyota SUV can be an excellent option for you. Those cars are highly fuel-efficient and comfortable. They are all-terrain vehicles, so they would prove to be a trusted companion on the highway as well in the city. Plus, they come with the latest safety features that secure your daily commute.