Jump to content
MatthewPR

Rust repair estimate

108 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Nate4x4 said:

Awesome...never heard of a bike burning that much fuel. A 2wd perhaps?

Oh lol

It's just one of my old mountain bikes.

His SUV is what's burning the fuel. That thing literally burns more fuel than than what the Iraqis burned in Kuwait. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha, ha, ha....LMAO! 🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:

We're not going to get the door yet, I'm going to wait until one of the schools guarantees that they can work on it and match the paint if possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MatthewPR said:

Update:

We're not going to get the door yet, I'm going to wait until one of the schools guarantees that they can work on it and match the paint if possible. 

I agree Matt, that's a wise decision.

Thanks for the update. Hope everything works out for you, bud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nate4x4 said:

I agree Matt, that's a wise decision.

Thanks for the update. Hope everything works out for you, bud.

Thanks man, hopefully it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update

This isn't really related to the repair, but I'd like input.

Wondering if anybody's had experience with this product.

https://www.amazon.com/Lubricant-Corrosion-Inhibitor-11-75-oz/dp/B00PWZ0XNM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1549765696&sr=8-4&keywords=fluid+film

I was thinking I'd get any of the hard to reach places with this, and maybe cover what rust I have with this until a repair can be made.

Also, I'm thinking of putting these on my car....

https://www.amazon.com/COBALT-GRAND-STRIPES-Fender-Stripes/dp/B006HH0B90/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1549767470&sr=8-6&keywords=chevy+cobalt+decals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MatthewPR said:

Update

This isn't really related to the repair, but I'd like input.

Wondering if anybody's had experience with this product.

https://www.amazon.com/Lubricant-Corrosion-Inhibitor-11-75-oz/dp/B00PWZ0XNM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1549765696&sr=8-4&keywords=fluid+film

I was thinking I'd get any of the hard to reach places with this, and maybe cover what rust I have with this until a repair can be made.

Also, I'm thinking of putting these on my car....

https://www.amazon.com/COBALT-GRAND-STRIPES-Fender-Stripes/dp/B006HH0B90/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1549767470&sr=8-6&keywords=chevy+cobalt+decals

Hi Matt, It's good to hear from you again.

Sadly, neither of the products that you listed did I ever purchase or had experience using them.

If you would like, I'll run your question on a few others forums I'm currently on and we'll see what we can do from there.

Must say...those Fender Hash Mark stripes look pretty awesome. It'll probably look even more hot on your (yellow) beast. lol

Edited by Nate4x4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nate4x4 said:

Hi Matt, It's good to hear from you again.

Sadly, neither of the products that you listed did I ever purchase or had experience using them.

If you would like, I'll run your question on a few others forums I'm currently on and we'll see what we can do from there.

Must say...those Fender Hash Mark stripes look pretty awesome. It'll probably look even more hot on your (yellow) beast. lol

Oh yeah lol

Might as well, only 11 bucks

If you want, you can ask about the fluid film, I'd appreciated it. I've been looking it up and I've only really heard good things about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MatthewPR said:

Oh yeah lol

Might as well, only 11 bucks

If you want, you can ask about the fluid film, I'd appreciated it. I've been looking it up and I've only really heard good things about it. 

Will do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this one guy replied saying quote: "I use it on my Hustler X-One to help the grass not stick. From what I hear it is an excellence rust inhibitor....though it is not permanent and has to be reapplied. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So obviously the fluid film is not too thick as it has to be reapplied eventually. Hope this helped!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 6:08 PM, Nate4x4 said:

So obviously the fluid film is not too thick as it has to be reapplied eventually. Hope this helped!

Sounds good, I shall see what I'll do!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I called Ellis tech today, that's the tech school closest to mine that has an auto body shop.

They have agreed to work on the car.

I'm going to bring it down there next week and have them take a look.

I'm thinking what's going to happen, after they have a look, I'll pick up the door with my friend, the school will order whatever they need for the work, and we'll be on our way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another update:

I brought the car to Ellis tech with my father.

The shop teacher looked at it, and they can do all the work.

They're going to cut and weld a patch into the read of the right rocker, and they'll also weld the right rear wheel well.

For the door, he said he wouldn't bother with replacing it, he's going to sand it and try and treat the inside, if it comes back, then they can replace it.

They're also going to take care of basically every cosmetic issue they can, dents and stuff like that.

I'm dropping off the car on Monday.

Once it is done, I will show before and after pictures.

I'm guessing it will take a long time, probably a month, but it's well worth it.

Hell yeah man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

×