509 posts in this topic

Ok, I assume that you are talking performance cars..

Therefor I will be strait to the point.

Europe has Car makers who do nothing, but try to make the fastest, best handling cars in the world. Japan dosent... Japan offers performance, thats affordable and comparable to the ridiculous prices european cars sell for.

i own a 244 DL, heavily modified. Anyways, yea not the best looking car out there, but then again it was a different time when it was built, many things looked like blocks. Today cars that look like crap are the Avalion, corolla, insight, aztech, and so on. Anyway, i dont know if you have driven one, but it has awsome steering, came with a performance rear axle, and the turbo charger is sweet.

Nick, just so you know, a 'smiley' at the end of a statement - ':D' for example - implies what is known in most English speaking countries, including the United States, as a 'joke.' Meaning the speaker was not 'serious' when he made the statement immediately preceding the 'smiley.'

Originally posted by nick6

Japan offers jap crap if you ask me.

why....that has gotta be the stupidest thing i've heard all day.

O wow, so you learned a insult, "yawn" well keep it up after a while you can get better(maybe:rolleyes:) O yea your nismo is ugly as HELL, just like your Honda!!!!

No, I have a better idea, let's all get our panties up in a wad (ahem, nick) and pretend all of this really matters, or this isn't the internet and when you "yell" at someone it really bothers them.

Europe. They build the best luxury cars, supercars, and almost every car out there. They are more exotic, especially the Italians, being my favorites.

For reliability and emissions, Japan beats out the world. In a survey, the LS400 beats out every car including Jag, Benz, HOnda and BMW. Out of 100 LS400s, there were only a few problems (real few, I can't remember how much). THe worst is Kia; 300 problems out of every 100 Sephias. Jag is one of the most reliable too, better than Benz or Bimmer. BUt Toyota and Honda are clearly the most reliable cars out there. Japan is one of the most advanced automakers in fuel-cell technology.

Japan has the NSX, Skyline and Supra. Europe has the F360, 911 Turbo, Diablo, McLaren, SLR, M3, M5, 550, etc. Whatever supercar Japan has the Europeans out number it 10 times. There's just too many cars to compare to Japan.

European cars are for the super-rich and Japanese cars are cheaper but great in quality. Europeans just have more fun with their toys. Sure, American and Japanese cars get you from point A to point B, but why can't you have some fun in doing so? I love them both. I hate American cars except for the LS and the Viper. Euro all the way.

[Edited by Joe Blo on 09-17-2000 at 08:47 PM]

Well Nick6, let's all look at some pics of your rusted-through Volvo 740... bet that sends the chicks fleeing in 7 different directions. Like the NX's styling, loathe it... I really couldn't care less. But it's not like you drive a stud machine yourself. And in any case, it does burn asses... does your Volvo even run 15s? The loud screeching sound you'd hear if you were at an intersection with me would be my piece of jap crap cloaking my car in tire smoke then pulling a disappearing act on you.

Originally posted by Joe Blo

Europe. They build the best luxury cars, supercars, and almost every car out there. They are more exotic, especially the Italians, being my favorites.  

For reliability and emissions, Japan beats out the world. In a survey, the LS400 beats out every car including Jag, Benz, HOnda and BMW. Out of 100 LS400s, there were only a few problems (real few, I can't remember how much). THe worst is Kia; 300 problems out of every 100 Sephias. Jag is one of the most reliable too, better than Benz or Bimmer. BUt Toyota and Honda are clearly the most reliable cars out there. Japan is one of the most advanced automakers in fuel-cell technology.  

Japan has the NSX, Skyline and Supra. Europe has the F360, 911 Turbo, Diablo, McLaren, SLR, M3, M5, 550, etc. Whatever supercar Japan has the Europeans out number it 10 times. There's just too many cars to compare to Japan.

European cars are for the super-rich and Japanese cars are cheaper but great in quality. Europeans just have more fun with their toys. Sure, American and Japanese cars get you from point A to point B, but why can't you have some fun in doing so? I love them both. I hate American cars except for the LS and the Viper. Euro all the way.

[Edited by Joe Blo on 09-17-2000 at 08:47 PM]

hmmmmmmmm............what???

Originally posted by mecca tt

Ok, I assume that you are talking performance cars..

Therefor I will be strait to the point.

Europe has Car makers who do nothing, but try to make the fastest, best handling cars in the world.  Japan dosent... Japan offers performance, thats affordable and comparable to the ridiculous prices european cars sell for.

Yea I agree. I'm not very fond of Japanese cars but they deserve credit. The LS400 is considered to be one of the best luxury cars in the world if not the best. Japans sports cars are pretty good too. Almost all of them are a bang for the buck (not the NSX), great reliability, and performance than can rival European sports cars.