509 posts in this topic

Real Men can spell....

Anyway, this discussion is solely posted to stir up shit, because with harsh statements like above it is only a matter of time before we get a 10+ pager....

I personally choose European cars over Japanese cars.

I will have to side with euros on this one. Especially, the Itailians. I am not a huge fan of the German cars however. I think it is the fact that I would take a Cadillac STS over any Mercedes/BMW anyday. Yes..you guys probably think I am crazy. Also, I would consider looking at and buying Japanese cars more than what I should if I could fit in one.

Probably not...

In any case, look at the beautiful styling miracles that Volvo has brought us such as the Volvo 244 (hurl), the Volkswagen Rabbit (my eyes!) and the Fiat X1/9 (gag). I suppose that everyone has their individual tastes, yes, and given a choice over what I'd rather own I'd probably go with a lot more European than Japanese cars. But for the price, Japanese cars are amazing, and they're also stunningly reliable and very practical. Hey, look at it this way... for $3500 US I bought a japanese car that would just trail Rob944's 944S in the quarter mile, but is winter driveable, cheaper to fix and cost a lot less. I just don't think you get that kind of value or versatility out of a European car.

European vs. Japanese.. this has been done so many times in many different variations.

This comparo is more about the cultures of the places where these cars are built then most anything else. For one to be able to ask who makes the best cars is a difficult question that would require much research. That being said, everyone out there will have a preference of what car they would choose.

Personally I cannot make such a broad choice of one over the other. One car over the other sure, one companie over the other even but one entire land over the other no. For instance, I would rather have an A6 V8 then a S-Type V8 but a GS400 over the A6. I would rather have an NSX over a Porsche C2 but a Porsche C4 over an NSX and a Ferrari 456 GTM over the Porsche. I would rather have an Avantime over an X5 and an X5 over an ML 430 but I'd rather have a Diablo 6.0 over em all :)

Originally posted by gimpyben

Japan!  They kick ass, cheap performance cars that get good gas mileage and look funky.  :)

No, volvo has cheap performance, they have good gas mileage, rearwheel drive(200 700 900), and they kick hondas ass!

[Edited by nick6 on 09-15-2000 at 11:26 PM]

euro, no real comparison!

MikAnchovy, the volvo 244 is a good car, the looks are conventional, but i see what you are saying the honda insight looks much, much better. Actually no it does not, its the biggest pile of shit i have ever seen and if i ever get the chance i will light that piece of jap crap on fire. Anway, now that i got that out of the way i would like to say that i agree with nick, i thought the 850 was front wheel drive.