Josephtheguy

Want to beat my brothers mustang with whatever puts more salt in his wounds

6 posts in this topic

My little brother bought a 99 mustang gt for around 5k and thinks he's the king of the road. I'd like to buy a car for around the same price just to show him he isn't. I'm a mustang love myself but don't want to beat him with that. What's a good option? I was thinking about a Nissan 300zx or another small engine car because he thinks v8 is king. Looking at miata and mr2 just to rub it in. Or would beating him with a Chevy be the biggest slap in the face? I want to spend about the same amount to show that money wasn't the deciding factor. But I think it would be satisfying to beat him with a car that is not a v8 since he thinks he's unbeatable in it. To be honest I love mustang's but it'll be fun to beat him with something else. The only mod on his car is the exhaust.

7 minutes ago, Josephtheguy said:

My little brother bought a 99 mustang gt for around 5k and thinks he's the king of the road. I'd like to buy a car for around the same price just to show him he isn't. I'm a mustang love myself but don't want to beat him with that. What's a good option? I was thinking about a Nissan 300zx or another small engine car because he thinks v8 is king. Looking at miata and mr2 just to rub it in. Or would beating him with a Chevy be the biggest slap in the face? I want to spend about the same amount to show that money wasn't the deciding factor. But I think it would be satisfying to beat him with a car that is not a v8 since he thinks he's unbeatable in it. To be honest I love mustang's but it'll be fun to beat him with something else. The only mod on his car is the exhaust.

That looks about right....lol. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

ntsb-recommends-mandatory-abs-traction-motorcycles-1.jpg

On 12/14/2018 at 12:24 PM, Josephtheguy said:

I'm thinking maybe a supercharged cobalt SS might suit your needs. You can easily get one for less than 5k. I'm not sure how fast his mustang is, but the supercharged ss can do 0-60 in like 6 seconds stock and the quarter mile at like 14.4.

If you could find a turbocharged SS, go for it, but I doubt very much you'll find one for 5k.

I know my 2006 LS coupe with the 5 speed manual does 0-60 in like 7.5 lol

Just for example, if I was doing it this might be a good choice.

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/d/warwick-2005-cobalt-ss/6779093047.html

Obviously this one isn't in too great shape, but you can get one in good shape for around 4k-5k around here

Edited by MatthewPR

21 minutes ago, MatthewPR said:

I'm thinking maybe a supercharged cobalt SS might suit your needs. You can easily get one for less than 5k. I'm not sure how fast his mustang is, but the supercharged ss can do 0-60 in like 6 seconds stock and the quarter mile at like 14.4.

If you could find a turbocharged SS, go for it, but I doubt very much you'll find one for 5k.

I know my 2006 LS coupe with the 5 speed manual does 0-60 in like 7.5 lol

Just for example, if I was doing it this might be a good choice.

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/d/warwick-2005-cobalt-ss/6779093047.html

Obviously this one isn't in too great shape, but you can get one in good shape for around 4k-5k around here

I guess the supercharge would make a noticeable difference in acceleration.

But do you really think so? As fast as a 99 Mustang? It's hard to believe.

Edited by Nate4x4

18 hours ago, Nate4x4 said:

I guess the supercharge would make a noticeable difference in acceleration.

But do you really think so? As fast as a 99 Mustang? It's hard to believe.

I'm not sure. It depends how fast the 99 mustang is. Just a quick google search didn't bring up too much results. 

Also, we don't know if his car is the manual or auto. 

Edited by MatthewPR

5 hours ago, MatthewPR said:

Also, we don't know if his car is the manual or auto.

Good point. :D