Germancarsrock

Last Car Payment

3 posts in this topic

I have always had direct deposit set-up on my car for monthly payments.  I've never had any issues. 

The other day, I received a letter that stated that I was past due for my VERY LAST car payment by 30 days.  Only one letter received. No emails. No voicemail messages.

I immediately called to inquire. The financial dept ALLEGEDLY MAILED me a paper bill for the last payment (which I did not receive) and expected me to do a manual payment. They didn't want to direct withdraw the last payment for whatever reason.  Where was this letter?

I promptly made the direct deposit payment the very next day. Now they're telling me that I'm being reported to the credit bureau! And this was the last car payment! Welcome to debt free world with a bad credit report!  For goodness sake....

Any suggestions?

Edited by Germancarsrock
Typo

4 hours ago, Germancarsrock said:

The financial dept ALLEGEDLY MAILED me a paper bill for the last payment (which I did not receive) and expected me to do a manual payment. They didn't want to direct withdraw the last payment for whatever reason.

That makes zero sense. I'd take it further up the chain.

1 minute ago, Nate4x4 said:

That makes zero sense. I'd take it further up the chain.

+1

Sounds douchey from the banks department.  I would escalate this too and let them know its garbage