fiatfan01

Heater problems

2 posts in this topic

I've recently purchased a second hand car and the heater does not work until i've driven anywhere for about 15 minutes. I understand the engine has to warm up but it's a bit of a problem when i'm getting int o the car and it's steamed up and nothing works to reduce the steam. The air also turns cool as soon as i'm parked up again.

Now i really don't know a lot about cars (as you might be able to tell) - will replacing one of the belts fix my heating problem? I feel like i'm going to be constantly in and out of this garage.

Edited by fiatfan01

30 minutes ago, fiatfan01 said:

I've recently purchased a second hand car and the heater does not work until i've driven anywhere for about 15 minutes. I understand the engine has to warm up but it's a bit of a problem when i'm getting int o the car and it's steamed up and nothing works to reduce the steam. The air also turns cool as soon as i'm parked up again.

I took it to my garage for repair and they said they were getting a part (a water pump part or something) to fix it. I called up today and they said the part (which is now a belt of some sort) has come in and they just need me to book in to fit it. I asked the man if this was for the heater and he said it might affect it, might not. (not giving me a lot of faith).

Now i really don't know a lot about cars (as you might be able to tell) - will replacing one of the belts fix my heating problem? I feel like i'm going to be constantly in and out of this garage.

A car heater can stop working for a number of reasons, including: A low antifreeze/water level in the radiator due to a leak in the cooling system.

A bad thermostat that isn't allowing the engine to properly warm up.

https://www.angieslist.com/articles/why-isnt-my-car-heater-working.htm