5 posts in this topic

I was washing a small stain off of one of my car seats, and so I was leaving my windows slightly open to dry it off. But at about mindnight I realised I’d left it open all evening with the mortifyingly heavy rain, everything is soaked, including the seats, the electrics and the footwells. What do I need to do? Will I need it professionally done to avoid moulding?

On 11/11/2018 at 3:25 AM, cww223 said:

I was washing a small stain off of one of my car seats, and so I was leaving my windows slightly open to dry it off. But at about mindnight I realised I’d left it open all evening with the mortifyingly heavy rain, everything is soaked, including the seats, the electrics and the footwells. What do I need to do? Will I need it professionally done to avoid moulding?

Uhhh, that`s too bad,

Could you run an extension cord and put a dehumidifier in the car for a few days?

You can also use a shop vac to suck up as much water out of carpets and upholstery as possible.

Be sure to park it inside the garage with windows down and crank up the heat in the garage.

Sad to hear this. I hope car seats are back to normal now. According to me, you should have contacted your insurance company if you have already made an agreement of mould damage. I remember a few days ago, my cousin's room was fully got damaged due to mould, as her room window was open, all over the night when, heavy rains took place and thus due to moisture all the bedsheets got damaged with mould everywhere. Fortunately, she already had an agreement with an insurance company for mould repair and thus she contacted an insurance agent along with Public adjusters from the official site and got the restoration done quickly.

It depends on what company that you have but Allstate's auto insurance policy doesn't cover mold repair if it's due to wear in tear or overuse. however if there was an even like a flood in a Texas rain storm for example then absolutely there's coverage, however if it's just wear and tear, don't count on Allstate paying for this damage. Thanks for you do and for this comments. 

Oh, I'm terribly sorry to hear that. Anyways, no need to panic you just need to do an immediate action to avoid further damage. The first you can do is to remove all the water out of your car as much as possible. Next is you can use a fan to clear out moisture and keep your doors open. Another thing you can do after doing the mentioned tasks, you can check the areas and if you feel that it's slightly wet you can dry it off by using a blow dryer. Additionally, you can put some moisture-absorbing products like baking soda or silica gel. However, if you want to secure that your car won't have a problem in the future you can visit your trusted car shop to have it check especially the electricals. Hope this helps!

Edited by Erwin Magalang
adding more valuable reply