7 posts in this topic

Recently got a new car,  2011 fiesta.   Now my main issue is silly,  but it's been aggravating me so hoping to find a fix.   My sun visor doesn't telescope out.   From what I can tell there isn't any real way of getting a replacement one that does.    I've had poor experiences with those that attach externally,  so don't want to go that route.  Does anybody know of a way of finding one that does telescope? 

49 minutes ago, Stilgar98 said:

Recently got a new car,  2011 fiesta.   Now my main issue is silly,  but it's been aggravating me so hoping to find a fix.   My sun visor doesn't telescope out.   From what I can tell there isn't any real way of getting a replacement one that does.    I've had poor experiences with those that attach externally,  so don't want to go that route.  Does anybody know of a way of finding one that does telescope? 

I guess you got to educate me.

What purpose do sun visor telescopes serve? What are they used for?

https://www.amazon.com/Sun-Visor-Extender-Protection-Anti-Glare/dp/B00IBZNH88/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1476697755&sr=8-9&keywords=car+sun+visor+extender

Edited by Nate4x4

Basically it lets you adjust how far out the visor goes.   So say with the visor down,  the sun is still visible off to the side,  it can telescope put to block it.  As I said,  is a frivolous issue all things considered,  but it would be nice if there was an easy fix. 

1 hour ago, Stilgar98 said:

Basically it lets you adjust how far out the visor goes.   So say with the visor down,  the sun is still visible off to the side,  it can telescope put to block it.  As I said,  is a frivolous issue all things considered,  but it would be nice if there was an easy fix. 

Oh, okay. For me, I usually just pull down the cab-mirror or flip some sunglasses on.

I'm not 100% sure how easy it would be to replace one, but it sure doesn't look too hard.

I've never really heard of visors....so I guess I learned something NEW.

It isn't hard to replace,  the issue I've ran into is finding one that's compatible with the existing configuration that the visor hooks to.  To me it doesn't make sense for them too have too many different configurations,  but I'm not finding that to be the case. 

On 10/31/2018 at 4:36 PM, Nate4x4 said:

On 10/31/2018 at 4:36 PM, Nate4x4 said:

I guess you got to educate me.

What purpose do sun visor telescopes serve? What are they used for?

To me it doesn't make sense for them too have too many different configurations,  but I'm not finding that to be the case. 

On 10/31/2018 at 9:52 PM, Nate4x4 said:

Oh, okay. For me, I usually just pull down the cab-mirror or flip some sunglasses on.

I'm not 100% sure how easy it would be to replace one, but it sure doesn't look too hard.

I've never really heard of visors....so I guess I learned something NEW filezilla uc browser rufus.

the issue I've ran into is finding one that's compatible with the existing configuration that the visor hooks to.  To me it doesn't make sense for them too have too many different configurations,  but I'm not finding that to be the case.