MYTH1897

1998 Ford Ranger Fuel Injection issue

6 posts in this topic

I have a 98 ranger with a 3.0 v6 and a 5 speed standard transmission. My problem is stuttering and shaking whenever I hit the gas going up a hill. I figured it would be spark plugs and wires, but I replaced them a couple months ago. I also replaced my coil pack last week. The issue only occurs at random times, and acceleration is an issue. My guess is dirty or clogged injectors. Any thoughts or advice? Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, MYTH1897 said:

I have a 98 ranger with a 3.0 v6 and a 5 speed standard transmission. My problem is stuttering and shaking whenever I hit the gas going up a hill. I figured it would be spark plugs and wires, but I replaced them a couple months ago. I also replaced my coil pack last week. The issue only occurs at random times, and acceleration is an issue. My guess is dirty or clogged injectors. Any thoughts or advice? Thanks in advance.

Check if there is enough coolant in the coolant reservoir.

Edited by Nate4x4

17 hours ago, MYTH1897 said:

Coolant levels are good. 

If a fuel pump cannot provide the correct pressure, fuel may have difficulty making it to the engine.

A vehicle that hesitates while accelerating or while driving up a hill may have a weak fuel pump.

Yes, and dirty fuel injectors can cause the engine to run lean which will in turn, cause hesitation when accelerating.

Nate

Fuel injector nozzles may become clogged over time, which will lead to a sputtering engine, slow acceleration and the car not having enough power. Bad or Dirty Spark Plugs: Spark plugs are responsible for igniting the fuel in the combustion chamber.

1 minute ago, EdTankerBlitt44 said:

Fuel injector nozzles may become clogged over time, which will lead to a sputtering engine, slow acceleration and the car not having enough power. Bad or Dirty Spark Plugs: Spark plugs are responsible for igniting the fuel in the combustion chamber.

Yep!

• Thanks 1