Dan_Andersson

My keys won't open the car......

5 posts in this topic

The keys for my 2003 Nissan Primera 2.0 have been working fine for a long time. One day nothing happened when I pressed them to open the car. I tried switching batteries in both keys, without any improvement. I'm assuming it's the receiver that stopped working? Is there any way to get into the car to drive it to the mechanic, or will I have to get it towed? Any ideas what a repair would cost?

Thanks

/Dan

2 hours ago, Dan_Andersson said:

The keys for my 2003 Nissan Primera 2.0 have been working fine for a long time. One day nothing happened when I pressed them to open the car. I tried switching batteries in both keys, without any improvement. I'm assuming it's the receiver that stopped working? Is there any way to get into the car to drive it to the mechanic, or will I have to get it towed? Any ideas what a repair would cost?

Thanks

/Dan

Hi Dan,

From what you have stated, I think the problem is with the vehicle...not the keys.

But just to make sure, I would bring the keys to a local Nissan dealership and have them check it. (Via transportation of a friend or neighbor.)

-----------------------

PS: You should be able to contact Nissan and have them open your car for free if' it's still under warranty.

Edited by Nate4x4

1 hour ago, Dan_Andersson said:

Update: there was a hidden keyhole on the drivers side. Really hard to find, but it saved the day.

Well, that made my day! 😀