Neku DHack

Used junker, need tips for bringing it back(What engine)

2 posts in this topic

Hey! I just bought my first car from a guy as is. Its a 2000 Chevy Astro AWD, Ive stripped the rear and got to work on dismantling it as it needs a full rebuild because it was written off as mechanical. I payed 475$ (cad) for it, knowing full well it would need alot of love, and thats fine, I don't mind spending money, I just have no clue what I should spend the money on. At the moment, I only have about 1000$, and thats for a new motor, but I don't know what to put in. I'm looking for an engine that's cheap, good for beginners too work on,  one that will fit in my van, and give decent mpgs (better than the 15 id normally get), after that, It needs new suspension (I'm thinking bags), brakes, and basically everything. Only question I have, is what am I swapping it with? Its gonna be a road trip car, about a 70 hour (6,603km) trip. Any Ideas?

Tl;Dr I need a cheap engine that will last at least 6603km of driving, probably more, thats easy to work on, and that will fit into a van with limited room. 

Edited by Neku DHack
Accidentally hit enter

5 hours ago, Neku DHack said:

I need a cheap engine that will last at least 6603km of driving, probably more, thats easy to work on, and that will fit into a van with limited room. 

Hi DHack,

I truly recommend this website https://www.lkqonline.com/ Just give them a call, and see if they have what your looking for. They have a bunch of settlements here in Canada.

I've ordered before and walked away quite satisfied.

Good Luck....

Nate

Edited by Nate4x4