Lgarretto

Trying to find a sports sedan

13 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I am trying to decide on a new car for myself. Maybe some of you have some suggestions. 

I live in oklahoma. I’ve had numerous cars in my life though I’m only 26. I’ve had some trucks, a supercharged rx8, and 4 mustangs. An 88 5.0, an 06 gt, a ‘14 gt, and a ‘17 ecoboost. But now I’m recently married and I have a child. I have a RAV4 I use as a daily, but I’d like to bequeath it to my wife and get myself something else. I am looking for something preferably with 4 doors and that’s rwd. Also I would really like a manual. An auto is ok so long as I can get paddle shifters. And I’d like to stay under $20k. 

My top choices at the moment are a CTS-V or maybe a 330i. I like the focus rs but they are way too expensive. The st would be nice except they are front wheel drive. All wheel drive isn’t really my thing so I don’t care much for the wrx or evo. 

So do y’all have any suggestions?

thanks

On 9/27/2018 at 4:41 PM, Lgarretto said:

Hi guys. I am trying to decide on a new car for myself. Maybe some of you have some suggestions. 

I live in oklahoma. I’ve had numerous cars in my life though I’m only 26. I’ve had some trucks, a supercharged rx8, and 4 mustangs. An 88 5.0, an 06 gt, a ‘14 gt, and a ‘17 ecoboost. But now I’m recently married and I have a child. I have a RAV4 I use as a daily, but I’d like to bequeath it to my wife and get myself something else. I am looking for something preferably with 4 doors and that’s rwd. Also I would really like a manual. An auto is ok so long as I can get paddle shifters. And I’d like to stay under $20k. 

My top choices at the moment are a CTS-V or maybe a 330i. I like the focus rs but they are way too expensive. The st would be nice except they are front wheel drive. All wheel drive isn’t really my thing so I don’t care much for the wrx or evo. 

So do y’all have any suggestions?

thanks 

I myself love the RS but also find it way too overpriced...I'd honestly recommend the 330i mainly because of it's outstanding performance as a car.

The CTS,....well those are well over 20k and there's not much to it rather than a relatively smoother ride.

Have you ever considered the Hyundai Genesis (RWD)? There real cool cars,  and very exiting + good-looking. 😖

Edited by Owntranger 77

2 minutes ago, Owntranger 77 said:

I myself love the RS but also find it way too overpriced...I'd honestly recommend the 330i mainly because of it's outstanding performance as a car.

The CTS,....well those are well over 20k and there's not much to it rather than a relatively smoother ride.

Have you ever considered the Hyundai Genesis (RWD)? There real cool cars,  and very exiting + good-looking. 😖

Hey, the Genesis is actually the coupe that I have my sights on.

I used to like the Charger alot, but there not as unique.

Yeah the rs is so cool, but way too overpriced. It isn’t worth 50k new even. Not in my opinion anyway. 

I haven’t really considered the genesis. I have heard the newer ones aren’t so bad, but I am a bit reluctant to buy a Hyundai because they used to be junk. But that isn’t a bad option to at least look into  I hear they put a v8 in some too  

A first generation ctsv can be had for around 18 with 100k miles or so. But for that money and a little bit of searching and patience you can get an m3 with about the same miles. Although I’d probably say the ctsv would be more reliable. 

Too bad they don’t make a rwd version of the focus st. I know some people like it but personally I have never enjoyed a front wheel drive car

Edited by Lgarretto

Oh and as for the charger, I considered one. But they are way out of my price range. I refuse to own a v6 version. And a rt new enough to have paddle shifters is like 25k at the cheapest. They don’t have a manual option

1 hour ago, Lgarretto said:

I have never enjoyed a front wheel drive car

What do you find not enjoyable about FWD and AWD cars? Traction?

Well I see why some people enjoy them, but personally I find awd cars to have too much traction. To break traction you have to get dangerous. And fwd cars don’t behave correctly to me. Regardless of traction. Yeah you can swing the back end out on a fwd car, but it isn’t the same. Nor are turns the same. So I really just want to stick to rwd. 

25 minutes ago, Lgarretto said:

Well I see why some people enjoy them, but personally I find awd cars to have too much traction. To break traction you have to get dangerous. And fwd cars don’t behave correctly to me. Regardless of traction. Yeah you can swing the back end out on a fwd car, but it isn’t the same. Nor are turns the same. So I really just want to stick to rwd. 

Ha...Ha, Okay I get you....you want something fun! Capable of drifting, burnouts etc.

Here is a bunch of cars I'd recommend looking into. Forget the ones that aren't in your price budget.

1. Hyundai Genesis

2. Kia Stinger (RWD) + (Automatic)

3. Ford Mustang

4. Honda Civic Type R

5. Subaru BRZ

6. Mazda Miata (cool drifter)

7. Nissan 350Z

Nate

The genesis is an option, but one I am leery of. In my experience Hyundai don’t make good cars. And the Kia stinger is nice but way out of my price range. Like double in fact. As for the rest, none of those will really work. I need a back seat. I have a newborn. 

And just to let you know all civics are fwd

On 9/29/2018 at 2:48 PM, Lgarretto said:

The genesis is an option, but one I am leery of. In my experience Hyundai don’t make good cars. And the Kia stinger is nice but way out of my price range. Like double in fact. As for the rest, none of those will really work. I need a back seat. I have a newborn. 

And just to let you know all civics are fwd

Okay,

I know Hyundai to be relatively reliable, but since you have your doubts we'll forget it..

As for the Honda...not all civics are FWD, I believe the Type R comes in RWD. The rest are FWD.

Edited by Nate4x4

6 hours ago, Lgarretto said:

Yeah the rs is so cool, but way too overpriced. It isn’t worth 50k new even. Not in my opinion anyway. 

I haven’t really considered the genesis. I have heard the newer ones aren’t so bad, but I am a bit reluctant to buy a Hyundai because they used to be junk. But that isn’t a bad option to at least look into  I hear they put a v8 in some too  

A first generation ctsv can be had for around 18 with 100k miles or so. But for that money and a little bit of searching and patience you can get an m3 with about the same miles. Although I’d probably say the ctsv would be more reliable. 

Too bad they don’t make a rwd version of the focus st. I know some people like it but personally I have never enjoyed a front wheel drive car 

Yea, I wouldn't even pay 40K for the RS.

Out of all the ones you listed though...I'd go for the BMW 330i, but there not cheap.

The Challenger is to me the most awesome sports car out there. You'll never regret buying one. (It's just not a ideal family car)

On 9/29/2018 at 3:10 PM, Nate4x4 said:

Okay,

I know Hyundai to be relatively reliable, but since you have your doubts we'll forget it..

As for the Honda...not all civics are FWD, the Type R comes in RWD. The rest are indeed FWD.

The type r does not come in rwd. Honda is fwd all the way

13 minutes ago, cgingue said:

The type r does not come in rwd. Honda is fwd all the way

And that is why all Honda Vehicles are not worth the bargain....so little traction, and overpriced junk.

I'll never get one or recommend one.