7 posts in this topic

I have a 2018 Honda Civic Ex. I dislike the ugly orange side markers on my car. I want to get a pair of plug-n-play smoked side markers, however I do not know what's legal in my state (Missouri). I know that I have to keep the lights themselves as either yellow or white but i don't know about the actual plastic. Any help would be amazing. Thank you!

If the lights flash or blink, then yes it is likely forbidden.

Saying that, the color should not be blue, or red. Generally speaking, yellow and amber neon lights (not flashing) are accepted in most places.

Edited by Owntranger 77

17 hours ago, crkirby1698 said:

This is helpful, however, what about the actual plastic? Can the actual plastic be blacked out?

What do you mean by actual plastic?

Most side marker lights are made from plastic. Why would you want to black it out?

The orange housing that is around the physical light. I have a metallic grey car and the orange housing throws off the color scheme. I want to smoke it out to balance the color scheme.

3 hours ago, crkirby1698 said:

The orange housing that is around the physical light. I have a metallic grey car and the orange housing throws off the color scheme. I want to smoke it out to balance the color scheme.

I see...yea that's possible.

You kinda have to know how to do it though.

Cheers,

Nate