Lj7

Crosstrek vibrations

4 posts in this topic

2017 subaru crosstrek and have a vibration at speed felt through the peddle as well as hear. Does not seem to have any driving issue related other than the vibration. Have rebalanced and rotated tires. Have done an alignment. Tires are new, brakes are new. Any clues. Don't  trust dealer as they have tried to rip me off twice now. Example at 6000 miles insisted I needed a complete front brake job at over 300 bucks. At 12k stated tires were bald. 2nd opinion was bull phucky.

17 minutes ago, Lj7 said:

2017 subaru crosstrek and have a vibration at speed felt through the peddle as well as hear. Does not seem to have any driving issue related other than the vibration. Have rebalanced and rotated tires. Have done an alignment. Tires are new, brakes are new. Any clues. 

The following factors fit your case:

• Brake rotors are warped or glazed over. This only applies if the vibration occurs when braking. (But you mentioned that the brakes are new).
  • Wheel bearings can cause vibrations when they fail, you will normally hear a noise if this occurs.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/estimates/subaru/crosstrek/steering-wheel-vibrates-or-shakes-inspection

Yea, brakes and routers. Vibration is heard and feel through peddle at about 60. If I gradually hit that speed usually nothing. I am not an auto enthusiast but was wondering if there is a vibration damping part that may have come loose. As stated don't  feel anything with steering. Brakes don't seem to pull. Just get this noticible  vibration, if I get vibration easing off acellerator goes away.  Also will go away as speed increases at times. Can't tell if coming front drivers or passenger side, daughter thinks passenger.

That's too bad...

A car that age should never give you such problems. 😶

I had a case very similar to yours (vibration when speeding up); the problem was that there was not enough coolant in the reservoir. Filled it up....and the vibration dissipated, giving a amazing increase of engine power. (As before I wasn't able to climb steep hills).

So you might want to check the coolant in your car just to make sure.

Nate

PS: One of my favorite cars is the Subaru Crosstrek. 😀

Edited by Nate4x4