hutching

Kia Sedona will not start.

2 posts in this topic

Today i purchased my second car, A Kia Sedona 2004 LX, and it seems to be in great condition from the last owner(besides missing a few things like rear door handles), he simply didn't want to put the time in, in order to fix it. After taking a look at the car, the only major issue to be found was that it would only start when connected to the jump box. When not connected to the box, all of the warning lights would come on and the car would turn but would not start, and being that i was able to drive the car home after jumping it, the alternator should be fine correct? Which also leads me to believe it should simply be that the battery is not holding charge?

I simply don't know enough about cars to make a diagnosis and as a teenager, i don't have much money and don't want to make a purchase that may not fix the car.

Thanks in advance <3

22 hours ago, hutching said:

Which also leads me to believe it should simply be that the battery is not holding charge?

Yes, that is usually the case.

If you could find out how old the battery is, it would be helpful.