Thealey11

I suck at life and need help finding the right car!

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I’m new here and I need some help. I’m sick of driving the same old cars that everyone else has, I need something to break up the monotony of my everyday normal life and I think a new car would do it. My list of vechlies is long and boring: ‘92 Grand AM (White), ‘96 Sunfire (White), ‘94 Dodge Shadow (White), 2000 V6 Grand Prix (you guessed it White), 2006 Altima (Maroon), 2006 Accord (Silver) and now a 2014 Escape (White). I’m currently driving the Accord and my Wife drives the Escape. Thank god she does because I hate that car with a passion. It’s seriously so slow and uncomfortable to drive but she loves it.  We have 2 kids that we do lots of sports and activities with like Travel Baseball,  Hockey, Gymnastics and Skiing. I mainly take my son to Hockey so keep that in mind when giving me ideas on vehicles to look at. Looking at the list of cars above you can see I never owned anything fast or real fun to drive. Now it’s time I find something that makes me happy and that a lot of people don’t own. My budget is about 20k for a used car and I would prefer to get something under 100k miles. I need to have back seats that are functional but I want something with some get up and go. As long as I can drive it everyday to work and drop my kids off for school I’m good. Frankly I don’t know what to look at so I’m open to ideas as long as it’s not a car you see everyday. No Accords, Nissans of any kind, Toyota’s or stuff like that. We live in Upsate NY so it must be drivable in the winter as well. I know this was a long post so if you are still with me thank you. All ideas are appreciated and welcome.

Thank You,

T_Loc11

I know this is a little late and I wish you the best in finding your perfect car. The Audi A6 quattro 3.0 estate is a great choice. Personally I've had my fair share of unreliable Audi's, I would recommend the Cadillac CTS-V Wagon. You can find a great 2010 model for under 20k with less than 100k miles. They're incredibly fast,  extremely spacious, and luxurious. Plus it's a caddy. Best of luck man!

What is about used Third Generation BMW 6 series?
I could bid you could find in you area. Like this one 2007 BMW 650I with 72k kms done for about $12k NZD:
Photo '1' of BMW 650I