Sign in to follow this  
Shanaya Bindra

Tips to improve the fuel efficiency of your car

2 posts in this topic

Your driving pattern and how you take care of your car can have a huge effect on how much fuel the car is consuming. Here are some top tips that will see you driving past fuel pumps more often.

• Well-maintained car

Make sure the car is services as per the schedule. Regular car check-up - oil change, air-filter change and spark plug replacements , will increase the life of the car and also improve fuel economy and minimize emissions.

Proper inflated tyres
It is advisable to keep the tyres properly inflated and aligned. This helps in saving fuel. Switch to low rolling resistance tyres is possible. Low rolling resistance tyres are expensive, but according to their makers, the advantages are significant, especially when it comes to fuel efficiency.

Read more: How to maximise fuel efficiency?

5a54aebc465ab_fueleffciecy.jpg.7cbdeab1abbe6a86fdb7d66886fab5b5.jpg

I wish that low rolling resistance tires were advertised better.  It's possible that a more expensive tire will pay for itself over a cheaper tire if the more expensive tire has lower roller resistance.  

This also reminds me that I should be better at checking the tire pressure.