Revolt-Montage

Need a new vehicle no clue what to choose

15 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

Ok so i currently have a 2003 Buick Lesabre (First car) and i am looking to get a new one. I dont want to spend more then $7000. So i am looking at either a 2011 Hyundai Elantra. Or a 2008 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe. They are priced the same and have very good battles over which is better. The Honda is known to last forever but it is older. The Hyundai gets way better gas mileage and is newer so more recent technology. The accord has a better track speed to much quicker. I want something that is quick nice quality and decent on gas. So these are my choices what do you guys think? And if you have any recommendations I am all ears and would love to hear them.

On Comparing 2011 Hyundai Elantra with the competition from Honda Accord. The Elantra doesn't beat the Accord's handing, the Focus' technology, or the Cruze Eco's fuel economy. So, I will suggest you to go with 5a3bb5dedd7b8_carcomparison.thumb.jpg.5c18efac58a7b3e622c4632a6a3cafcb.jpg

Chris V.    0
3 hours ago, travisghost_ride said:

no you should get a 1972 cevell  get a 454 engine  and it's easy to work on

images (15).jpg

What part of "don't want to spend over $7000" did you miss? Or being good quality and cheap on gas?

Vovaze    0

First you have to specify that whether it is Honda Accord CL7 or CL9. This is because 
Honda Accord Cl7 is 2000cc

AND

Honda Accord Cl9 is 2400cc. They comes in both variant so its your choice you just need power or more power.

On 2/13/2018 at 12:50 PM, Chris V. said:

What part of "don't want to spend over $7000" did you miss? Or being good quality and cheap on gas?

the thing is this car is easy to repair cheap but worth it

I would like to suggest you GenX Nano. It is the best car in Srilanka which comes at affordable price. It gives you maximum features of basic car at minimum price. It has electric power-assisted steering wheel with active return function and speed sensitivity. Other features include digital information display, an Amphistream music system with USB, Aux-in and Bluetooth connectivity, surround sound effect with 4-speakers, front power windows, new interior trims, central locking remote and burglar alarm. The new Tata Nano GenX is powered by 624cc, two-cylinder MPFI petrol engine that produces a maximum power of 38bhp and a peak torque of 51Nm.

nano-automatik-gallery011.jpg

NCPawlak    0

I would definitely go with either Toyota or Honda, they are both extremely affordable AND reliable (the Honda Civic got a 'Sudan of the Year' award).  Also, they are cheap to maintain.  Personally, I think the Toyotas are built a little 'beefier' than Hondas and are a little more durable, but that's relative and IMO.  

I would avoid Hyundai.  They aren't bad at all, but they are cheaply put together (cheap interior, a lot of exterior plastic, etc).  Granted, they are less expensive, but the price is negligible. 

My recommendation: Toyota Camry.  I have a 2012 with 100k miles and it's running perfectly fine still.  

Here is a pricing comparison:

Used (2009) Toyota Camry XLE ~ $9k with 35k miles  <- the XLE version is the best

Used (2009) Toyota Camry SE ~ $6k with 130k miles

Leustad    0

I'd say stay away from Elantra. I had 1 brand new. It's not quick, not reliable, and the quality of parts are the worst. Sold that one after 10 months of use. 

Back to Top ↑