Sign in to follow this  
slnmegusta

Ideas for having wifi in car

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a phone and a unlimited 4g+ internet plan that i wanna throw in my car as a hotspot. I'm just looking for some ideas on how to fully use that feature. For now I will be adding that as a tracker so that i would be able to look online to where my car is plus i will add spotify as well to get osme music when i get bored of my current stations. 

Looking to hearing other ideas from you guys on how to fully use the internet and android for the cars use.

If it seems like the Internet is everywhere these days, that’s probably because it is. Advances in cellular technology have made it far easier, and more cost effective, to use the Internet on the road than it used to be, and there are more ways to get Wi-Fi in your car than ever before.

The easiest way to get Wi-Fi in your car is to leverage your existing smartphone as an ad hoc wireless hotspot, but you can also add a mobile data connection and wireless network to any car with a variety of different types of Wi-Fi adapters, have a permanent modem/router combo installed, or even upgrade to a true connected car if doing so fits in your budget Available here.

While getting Wi-Fi connectivity in your car is much easier now than it was just a few years ago, there are expenses involved regardless of the method that you ultimately choose. Each option comes with both hardware and data plan costs, and there are also matters of convenience and connection quality to consider.

On 5/6/2017 at 10:38 PM, slnmegusta said:

Hello, I have a phone and a unlimited 4g+ internet plan that i wanna throw in my car as a hotspot. I'm just looking for some ideas on how to fully use that feature. For now I will be adding that as a tracker so that i would be able to look online to where my car is plus i will add spotify as well to get osme music when i get bored of my current stations. 

Looking to hearing other ideas from you guys on how to fully use the internet and android for the cars use.

Yes, you can use a mobile phone as an access point to the Internet, and save money. But during the phone call, you will not have any internet. Given my work, I should always be online. Yes, I don’t really want to spend an extra $ 100, but personally, I had no choice. But now I can use the phone tablet or laptop now it does not matter. So think about this one

I have my hotspot turned on all the time in my car when i drive.  Some of the most useful things i do, uh my friend does is like watch Youtube.  If you could get your hotspot to be on even after you turn off your car, you could put up cameras to warn you when people get near your car?

12 hours ago, jasonkimberson said:

I have my hotspot turned on all the time in my car when i drive.  Some of the most useful things i do, uh my friend does is like watch Youtube.  If you could get your hotspot to be on even after you turn off your car, you could put up cameras to warn you when people get near your car?

Ok, but when there is a phone call it will be no internet at all, it cant be in principle. An independent internet access point is required. Most likely to understand when people get near your car is better to use parking sensors.

On 5/6/2017 at 8:38 PM, slnmegusta said:

Each option comes with both hardware and data plan costs, and there are also matters of convenience and connection quality toconsider.