Sign in to follow this  
avellone5

1997 Chevy Cavalier or 2001 Toyota Corolla?

3 posts in this topic

I found a 2001 Toyota Corolla with 200k miles on it on Craigslist and also a 1997 Chevy Cavalier with 88k miles on it. Obviously, 88k miles is a lot less than 200k miles, but I'm wondering if it would even matter considering Toyotas run forever. I need a reliable car for college (I will be commuting everyday for college this fall) and both have minimal/no rust. My mom owns a 1999 Toyota Camry and it is still running today (over 200k miles, check engine light is on but not sure what the problem is, it is also very loud), so a Corolla would still be a good choice based on what I've heard and seen. Which should I go with? I do not drive a lot outside of the fact that I will be going to college (about 20-25 miles there and back). I also would take very good care of whichever one I go with (oil changes, washing, driving), but is the Chevy the best choice because it has the lower miles? I live in Upstate NY, so the winter is definitely harsh on cars here. Thanks for the help!

My family bought this car 8 years ago with it having 88k miles on it. Everyone in my family has driven it and recently it was handed down from my brother to me and i've had it for about 6 months. The car has about 227k miles on it and still runs strong. one word to describe this car, RELIABLE! car is worth its price and more. So I suggest you to buy 1997 chevy cavalier. http://www.cavneub-williamson.com/