Sign in to follow this  
colinkaza

building a drift truck !!!

2 posts in this topic

I own a 91 Isuzu pick up with a naturally asperated 4cylinder that im trying to beef up to make into a deift truck! an I'm trying to find out if it would be smarter in the long run to just pull the motor an drop Ina small Chevy 350 or use after market parts to make more power !! The motor has 110,000 original miles an runs Great but doesn't have any substantial power to have fun with ! I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to most of this but can listen and learn if u have suggestions. Plz feel let me know. An I can send pics if need be to help

I use to help run drift events in Charlotte, NC, we only had one truck like vehicle that ran and that was a El Camino, rigged up with a Ford Explorer V8, it didn't fair so well. This project will only be "practical", and I use that term loosely as drifting itself isn't practical, if you severely lower the truck so you don't roll over, widen the stance, and install some serious Torque and HP. I can tell you I've seen $50,000 rigs show up and end up in the wall in 20 mins, it's not a very forgiving hobby.