Sign in to follow this  
Chris V.

I can't descide on stripes for the Mustang...

10 posts in this topic

As spring starts to apear on the horizon and a year going to go by with the Mustang, I want to start tweaking on the Mustang in order to keep interest in it. I've got power and suspension mods planned, but I'm having a hard time deciding on cosmetic mods. I've got the BMW to be subtle and classy with (and am toning down the exhaust on that car to be more subtle sounding), and I want the Mustang to be a bit more brash. To that end, I'm enlisting you guys to help me look at the two competing ideas with new eyes, as I like them both. These are sucky 5 minute photoshops I did this morning to show you what I'm thinking of...

First up, the traditional white stripes. Would also have a lower front spoiler in body color withthe stripes going across it. This would be the cheaper option, but probably too common:

bluestang02d.jpg

10" wide pearl white stripes (paint, not vinyl) with 2" of separation. Would continue down the decklid and over the rear bumper, as well. Wheels are BOSS 338s in grey.

Next up, the contender, and what I originally wanted to do. A bit more expensive, but more subtle. BOSS 302 stripes and a shaker scoop:

bluestang02c.jpg

Again, in paint, not vinyl, though not sure if I want to do gloss black or semi-flat black. Same wheels as before, of course ( I love them). Shelby rear spoiler in black as well as the chin spoiler, and a blacked out taillight panel would round it off.

In both cases, I'm also thinking of moving the fog lights inward to the center, like the '67 Shelby Mustang.

I like the look of the second one better. I wouldn't move the fogs, I don't think it would look right on a modern Mustang.

Lovely car though!

Here's a quick one with polished wheels (which I'm not going to use) and the centralized headlights.

bluestang02b.jpg

Edited by Chris V.

The

Here's a quick one with polished wheels (which I'm not going to use) and the centralized headlights.

The 2nd picture just brings out the pony in it.

The reason I didn't get stripes on mine was primarily because I preferred the clean look, but also because I didn't want to deal with stripping a few years down the line. If you absolutely want to do stripes, I would do the Boss C-stripes or even the current CS-style stripes, with double stripes OTT.

I agree with DBR, leave the fogs.

I ended up just doing the blacked out tail panel with the front spoiler and hood scoop:

bluestang22.jpg

bluestang21.jpg