Sign in to follow this  
Andrewc

Need help deciding on new car

12 posts in this topic

So, i am looking for a new vehicle, after driving a loud jeep for 5ish years, i am buying a new vehicle. Obviously, i want something the gets good gas milage. I drive long distaces on occasion, one or a couple hundred miles in one night or so, ao i'd like something that is made to handle that. I do not want an suv or anything truck like, i just dont need the extra space, and i am not rough with my vehicles. I also need a small amout of space behind the back seats, i play music and haul equipment around, so something with a small space and an opening rear door.

Suggest reliable vehicles based on experience/reliable sources. I dont know much about cars so i figure i'd try to turn to people who do know about cars. I recently had a 93 jeep cherokee stolen and am getting a $2000 settlement, which i am putting towards a used car, preferably. Id like to find something no more than $5000. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hey Andrew,

You can visit link removed site for the best deals. Since I had a good experience from them.

Removed advertising link in sig. NO ADVERTISING!

Edited by Chris V.

There are a lot of car available in the market and it's up to which one you want. I think better you can go with some blog or website which will provide you reviews of cars and other vehicles.

Why dont u try to hang out with different car sites there are lot and then you can get an idea.

Edited by Chris V.

Its a tougher market than it use to be due to rising gas prices. If you want an econo-box on wheels you might find one with around 200k miles on it. I would resort to craigslist and if you can pay cash you might get someone down that is asking $6500 to 7K. Doing the legwork will get you the deal. I would get a craigslist app to get a hold of newly listed cars.

To seek something online is a best way to get what you want. There are so many company websites offering best deals.

Edited by Chris V.

buy something you like! always most important

make sure its mechanically sound

Here's a great tip for test driving a new to you vehicle

after a brief trip around the block we can further test the condition of suspension components with a simple drive through the yard!

thats right just putt it around a tree or two in your neighbors front yard!

bumpier the better (mine has some extra dog holes)

when you do this a solid front and rear suspension will not clunk ! loose ball joints tie rods or suspension bushings will knock and clunk as the

suspension moves!! letting you know somethings loose

get it fixed up before highway driving

also pay attention to what engine your buying

how much of the engine has been rollerized and coated?

only new 2012's are guaranteed to be fully coated and rollerized

depending how old our engines are we need to buy and add anti wear additives to the oil

these have been removed from new oil in the states

without adding zinc and phosphorus to our oil the engines camshaft lifters and other components will wear

too fast causing less milage at first

then damaging bearings and other engine parts

make sure the oil has been changed properly

There are indeed plenty of sites that you could check for great deals you can try clickablecars, they have plenty of cars to offer depending on your budget they also have used cars and brand new ones.

Remove advertising in signature

Edited by Chris V.

I suggest that you choose Volkswagen.It has good quality and less expensive price.

Removed advertising in signature

Edited by Chris V.

Hello Andrewc! I see you are conducting research for a future car purchase. This is also a great time to explore your insurance opportunities. If you are located in Canada, RBC Insurance welcomes the opportunity to help you with your insurance needs! For a free online quote visit: http://bit.ly/RBCIcar

If you are interested in getting some advice, I can personally have a Licensed Insurance Advisor get in touch with you. Please send your contact information to (elyse.stievenart@rbc.com) and I would be happy to connect you with an advisor. Alternatively, you can speak to an advisor by phone by calling (1-877-749-7224). For security reasons, please refrain from posting any personally identifiable information in the forum.

- Elyse Stievenart, Social Media Team at RBC Insurance

I just had a Kia Soul for a rental last week. Pretty cool little car. It had plenty of room, got good mileage, and had no trouble cruising 75-80 (I was out in NE Texas and SE NM - wide open spaces). Nice hatch and 60/40 folding rear seat to fit large items. Also had a pretty good voice activated bluetooth system.

eclipses are very well rounded cars, sporty but look faster than they already are, pretty good gas mileage, lots of aftermarket help online. but please, do not buy a yaris, everytime i see those little turds on the road i lose a little faith in the current car industry.

self seo