Sign in to follow this  
Longy5

Car HPI Check

3 posts in this topic

The car I want to buy says that the finance register for the car was agreed on the 15/03/2007 and the term of the agreement was 43 months. Which would mean there is two months left from today. Does that mean there is outstanding finance on the car? THANKS!

The car I want to buy says that the finance register for the car was agreed on the 15/03/2007 and the term of the agreement was 43 months. Which would mean there is two months left from today. Does that mean there is outstanding finance on the car? THANKS!

That just shows how long the aggreement was for, if it's an HPI check you carried out, then I'd say yes, it looks as though there's outstanding finance owed on it, as surely it would come back clear otherwise? If it's not the HPI that has said this, and it's merely an agreement you have seen, then all that shows is the term of said agreement at time of signing the contract I would have said, and thus doesn't take in to account early settlements etc. Does that make sense?