Sign in to follow this  
vroomvroom

Gas Prices

14 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

vroomvroom    0

Hey so you guys probably have heard about the BP oil spill in the gulf. I'm just wondering if/when the gas prices are going to go up? This definitely isn't helping the energy crisis or BP's reputation. It's probably costly losing all that oil and expensive to clean it up. I also heard that BP is going to have to file for bankruptcy from all the law suits coming their way. This is not looking pretty.

dr. joint    0

Well, ever since oil was discovered opportunists have found a way to somewhat hold the world in ransom while people are struggling to find ways on how not to be dependent on oil.

This is also the reason why new discoveries of alternative fuel (would be believe tap water is used for fuel?) never lifted off the ground. I mean, you could read between the lines right there.

Cliffy    0

Fuel prices rise anyway, this will just be used as a different excuse to the usual Government speal! :lol:

bfeeney    0

I don't understand why fuel prices change daily. I know it's going to go up over time, but not up and down every day.

Cliffy    0
I don't understand why fuel prices change daily. I know it's going to go up over time, but not up and down every day.

Not sure what it's like over there, but in the UK it has alot to do with retailers trying to out-do each other I believe! As long as the duty is paid, they can charge whatever they like for fuel!

Edited by Cliffy

dr. joint    0

Sheesh..

You know, bfeeney is right.

I understand that oil companies should have at least a month of inventory.

So why the hell are they gonna change the price of oil/gas everyday when they bought it at a lower price last month? U dig?

Retroactive pricing? That sounds too opportunistic if you'll ask me.

bfeeney    0
Sheesh..

You know, bfeeney is right.

I understand that oil companies should have at least a month of inventory.

So why the hell are they gonna change the price of oil/gas everyday when they bought it at a lower price last month? U dig?

Retroactive pricing? That sounds too opportunistic if you'll ask me.

Thank you

Oddly enough, the price of gas seems to have gone down over here...:lol:

It's always higher in the summer, but we'll just have to wait and see how this BP thing plays out to see what really happens IMO. Perhaps one of the biggest things to watch out for in the short term is the upcoming storm season in the Gulf.

Jammo    0

I doubt that the bankruptcy bit is true, itll be all over british newspapers, after all, its one of britains biggest companies, next to shell, virgin etc. As for the prices, they have already gone up. BP can afford to pay the cases.

Cliffy    0
I doubt that the bankruptcy bit is true, itll be all over british newspapers, after all, its one of britains biggest companies, next to shell, virgin etc. As for the prices, they have already gone up. BP can afford to pay the cases.

They appear to have lowered ever so slightly where I am! :lol:

Back to Top ↑