Sign in to follow this  
wemidst

'97 328ic vs. '02 c230 coupe

35 posts in this topic

The two cars that I am looking at buying are either a '97 BMW 328ic with 125k or an '02 Mercedes c230k coupe with 108k. Which one would be the better overall buy? What could I expect to pay a year for maintenance and insurance. Would I be able to do a lot of the general maintenance myself? Thanks

BMW.

Parts willbe expensive with either, but the BMW will be more reliable and I think the older ones are easier to work on yourself.

BMW.

Parts willbe expensive with either, but the BMW will be more reliable and I think the older ones are easier to work on yourself.

Yeah, the older ones. The newer ones have all kinds of computer garbage.

The two cars that I am looking at buying are either a '97 BMW 328ic with 125k or an '02 Mercedes c230k coupe with 108k. Which one would be the better overall buy? What could I expect to pay a year for maintenance and insurance. Would I be able to do a lot of the general maintenance myself? Thanks

Yes, get the bimmer. The mercedes believe me..you wouldnt want to tinker with it.

Yeah, the older ones. The newer ones have all kinds of computer garbage.

Did you know on the new BMW cars there is no oil dipstick? You rely on the computer to tell you when you need oil...

Did you know on the new BMW cars there is no oil dipstick? You rely on the computer to tell you when you need oil...

Naw there is one its just hard as a mother F er to find.

Not on the new X5 and X6, there is none.

Speaking about the X6..whats ur opinion on that car (or SAV or 4 seater SAV as BMW calls it?) I think it looks cool but it's weird as well. But I've been hearing very good things about it.

Speaking about the X6..whats ur opinion on that car (or SAV or 4 seater SAV as BMW calls it?) I think it looks cool but it's weird as well. But I've been hearing very good things about it.

Its the same as the X5. A very ugly, overpriced, but very good car. I drove my mate's X5 3.0 sD back from Newcastle on the back roads and it was very, very good.

Pointless though, if you want space buy a 5 series Touring!

It took me a while to find on my friends 3, i gave up. Kind of extremely stupid.

It is like every car mag in the world says, it is the answer to a question no one asked. All the problems of the X5 with one less seat, more expensive, hideous, and that base engine? Please, i'd rather a Kia.

Not on the new X5 and X6, there is none.

Eh never looked for it on the X5 or X6, X3 is better anyway (found it on that one though!!!) you gotta reach like halfway under the damn engine to check it.