CarForums

Aston Martin Cygnet

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is to bring the average CO2 and fuel consumption figures down for Aston as a brand. There is some law coming in that every marque has to meet a certain score...

If it's something as stupid as that I'm just going to laugh that Aston is not except from that law. I was thinking more along the lines of... "Hmm, how can we make MORE money?"

If it's something as stupid as that I'm just going to laugh that Aston is not except from that law. I was thinking more along the lines of... "Hmm, how can we make MORE money?"

True. I was about to say what you just said but I dont want to say that Aston is just being like Toyota lol

Although it pains me to say this, he has a point, lol. This story has just made the Bible again....looks like it's going to happen!
oh my god! if I see one of these on the roads I will scream! Tho it isn't that bad! cos even if it does go ahead! who would buy one ?!?!

oh my god! if I see one of these on the roads I will scream! Tho it isn't that bad! cos even if it does go ahead! who would buy one ?!?!

Apparently it'll only be sold originally to other Aston owners. it's a great way for a small manufacturer to get a good fleet CO2 rating.

I happen to like it a LOT more than the Toyota IQ it's based on...

Aston-Martin-Cygnet.jpg

vs

Toyota_IQ_Production.jpg

The car is rediculous. Astons are about class/luxury with the benefit of going fast. The Cygnet is a step backwards, how do you go from the DBS to that piece of shit? They should leave the gas milage problem up to Toyota, Nissan, Honda and the American companies (what's left of them).

The car is rediculous. Astons are about class/luxury with the benefit of going fast. The Cygnet is a step backwards, how do you go from the DBS to that piece of shit? They should leave the gas milage problem up to Toyota, Nissan, Honda and the American companies (what's left of them).

they can't, as they are an independant manufacturer, unlike other supercar companies. In order to not get hit with fines and whatnot for poor CO2 and fuel milage issues, they need a smaller car to balance it out. Porsche's can be offset by VWs, as can Audi R8s, Lamborghinis, and Bentleys. Mercedes has A classes, and BMW sells 1 siereis diesels. Ferrari is ofset by Fiats. Much smaller boutique manufactures jack their prices AND reduce teh number of markets they sell in. Aston can't keep up it's current volume and do that.

So thank the regulators for putting them in this position, instead of blasting Aston. As was said, Aston isn't selling these to the general public, but to new Aston buyers (buy a DBS, get a Cygnet to offset the carbon emissions and avoid the congenstion tax in downtown London). And it's not like they are REPLACING the DBS with this. Is that what you think?

Edited by Chris V.

they can't, as they are an independant manufacturer, unlike other supercar companies. In order to not get hit with fines and whatnot for poor CO2 and fuel milage issues, they need a smaller car to balance it out. Porsche's can be offset by VWs, as can Audi R8s, Lamborghinis, and Bentleys. Mercedes has A classes, and BMW sells 1 siereis diesels. Ferrari is ofset by Fiats. Much smaller boutique manufactures jack their prices AND reduce teh number of markets they sell in. Aston can't keep up it's current volume and do that.

So thank the regulators for putting them in this position, instead of blasting Aston. As was said, Aston isn't selling these to the general public, but to new Aston buyers (buy a DBS, get a Cygnet to offset the carbon emissions and avoid the congenstion tax in downtown London). And it's not like they are REPLACING the DBS with this. Is that what you think?

Very well explained.

If Aston had stayed under Ford ownership they would not have needed to produce a car like this.

That is all so true.

Why do you think people like Spyker and Koenigsegg are running in the red? If Bugatti wasn't owned by VAG they would not even exist, and they are still running in the red as well. Ditto McLaren, ditto pretty much everyone.

Very well explained.

If Aston had stayed under Ford ownership they would not have needed to produce a car like this.

And they didn't. Look at Lexus with the LF-A. Soon enough, Jag will make a new XJ220 or some garbage.

...........Jag will make a new XJ220.........

which is in the pipeline (i read it a while ago but i cant find the proof!)