Sign in to follow this  
Zaffie8808

Fast Cheap Car?

30 posts in this topic

Guest ZackaryCF
Fast for $6,000? No dice unless you come across a tuner...

For 6k, you can find a late 80's-early 90's "muscle" car if you wanted to.

That generation of Firebirds are cheap, cause they were one of the only generations NOT to be intended as collectors cars. Meaning they still go ZOOOOOOOOOOOOM but don't have the price tag to match.

Also, just about any of the mid-late 90's imports are under 3k. I know you aren't interested in a family sedan, but just for price reference, you can get a early-mid 00's Malibu for around 5-6k.

That's definately enough money to get yourself something you're interested in, you just have to wait for the right deal to come around.

Just keep looking on Craig's.

Edited by ZackaryCF

That generation of Firebirds are cheap, cause they were one of the only generations NOT to be intended as collectors cars. Meaning they still go ZOOOOOOOOOOOOM but don't have the price tag to match.

1) Stop recommending 4th gen muscle cars.

2) Stop bumping threads.

My god you are such a ******* idiot.

Guest ZackaryCF
1) Stop recommending 4th gen muscle cars.

2) Stop bumping threads.

1. It's directly relevant to his question. And you can hardly consider those car "muscle" hence the quotations. It's just a term to help him narrow them out in his head. I would never actually consider a car that comes stock with barely over 200 horses "muscle."

2. It's extremely hard not to bump old threads when over half the most "recent" threads are over a month old.

1. It's directly relevant to his question. And you can hardly consider those car "muscle" hence the quotations. It's just a term to help him narrow them out in his head. I would never actually consider a car that comes stock with barely over 200 horses "muscle."

No, it is not relevant at all to the question considering that he got his licence 7 months ago!!

A Pontiac Firebird or any muscle car at all should NOT under any circumstances find it's way into the hands of an inexperienced driver. A powerful V8 engine, RWD, no driver aids, and no saftey equipment should be in the hands of an experienced driver.

It is insanity to think a young driver could cope with a car like that. He would kill himself, and worst still someone else.

2. It's extremely hard not to bump old threads when over half the most "recent" threads are over a month old.

1. You obviously haven't used your brain to think at all. First of all he has only 6K grand, that is just what it is going to cost him per month on insurance. Second, those cars always need tuning and that costs money as well. Third, the guy said he "doesn't" want to kill himself, you're just handing him the keys to his death. Fourth those generation Firebirds are cheap because they probably have the V6 and are slow as shit, unless you consider 100rwhp "good". Fifth, mid-90s Malibu is a horrid car.

2. Then go somewhere where you won't bother us.

Edited by Elite_Deforce

Well, I guess you're alone, as otherwise all n00bs would be doing it, surely?

I was getting in to thhe thread until I realised some Mucking Fuppet has revived it, lol. <_<

I have a solution to your problem! get ANY Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth with a 2.5L Turbo, that means, dodge omin, dodge caravan(yes turbo minivan!) plymouth lazer, and many more, but my personal favorite, get a 90-92 dodge daytona shelby/iroc(changed from shelby to iroc in mid 91's) they run 12-13 sec stock! my 91 im almost confident will run mid-high 10's w/ the mods(garrett turbo, eagle talon intercooler, .44 oversized injectors, k&n airfilter, 3-speed auto and over 210 hp! only 95 were made:)) and i got the car for only 600 bucks! they handle great, you can get great mods cheap (fwdperformance.com) and they have stock limited slip/possitrack plus they will rip the shit out of a honDUH v-tech(which i can destroy w/ my 5.2L grand cherokee already lol) if you want to get cheaper in the mid 80's you can get a 2.2 t3 daytona that pumps 224 hp but they blow headgaskets quick! :lol: but you can make a sick car w/ 7 grand! oh and did i mention these are all only 4 cyl and lighter than hell??? :lol:

post-21090-1281171570_thumb.jpg

I have a solution to your problem! get ANY Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth with a 2.5L Turbo, that means, dodge omin, dodge caravan(yes turbo minivan!) plymouth lazer, and many more, but my personal favorite, get a 90-92 dodge daytona shelby/iroc(changed from shelby to iroc in mid 91's) they run 12-13 sec stock! my 91 im almost confident will run mid-high 10's w/ the mods(garrett turbo, eagle talon intercooler, .44 oversized injectors, k&n airfilter, 3-speed auto and over 210 hp! only 95 were made:)) and i got the car for only 600 bucks! they handle great, you can get great mods cheap (fwdperformance.com) and they have stock limited slip/possitrack plus they will rip the shit out of a honDUH v-tech(which i can destroy w/ my 5.2L grand cherokee already lol) if you want to get cheaper in the mid 80's you can get a 2.2 t3 daytona that pumps 224 hp but they blow headgaskets quick! :lol: but you can make a sick car w/ 7 grand! oh and did i mention these are all only 4 cyl and lighter than hell??? :lol:

facepalm.jpg

dumbass1.jpg

Get a manual Audi 2.8L quattro AWD and enjoy . 1998 will cost you around 4k and you will enjoy it since its gonna be your fist car, i use to rip anything that is not tuned from start at a city light.

Edited by mgnm12

Oh the wonders of AWD. Slightly unfair advantage to Audi in the SuperTouring years of the BTCC and other forms of saloon racing.

Yes, get a caravan, because youre street cred wont go down because it has a 2.5T.

or a caravan lol, i sued to have one its good to learn on

But its a damn 7seater MPV (in Europe anyway). Why own a car thats designed for the school run when what he wantz is a fast car?

Anyway, why are we talking about it, the thread is over a year old! Im sure he found a car!