Sign in to follow this  
B.o.B.

Need help looking for a used nice V6 car

42 posts in this topic

The XC90 is a big, soft, slow, sluggish, soft roader. But it is cheap, it is nice insice, and it has 7 usable seats so I can see the point. Just...

I don't like the S80 much, mainly because it is driven by old people, and it does nothing that seperates it from the competition.

The C70 I like, even though it has the most complicated folding metal roof in existance.

The C30 is useless in every way shape and form, why buy one over, say, a Focus ST or a Golf GTI? Hot hatches for pensioners are pointless.

I do like the XC70, I would have one over, say, an Audi allroad...

I also like the S40. It looks good, sounds good, and has a sporty feel inside. But there isn't a big enough range of engines...

My opinion of Volvos in a nutshell ;)

XC90 is great

XC70/V70 is amazing

C70 is cool, but actually pretty bad

C30 is the exact opposite of what you said. The GTI is severely over-rated.

S80 with the V8 actually is pretty ferocious

S40 is garbage.

Your opinion of Volvos is uneducated, frankly.

Edited by Elite_Deforce

I hate to say it but I have to agree with E_D. I think the C30 is brilliant and the GTI is all hype, the R32's better.By miles.

Anyway, what happened to the purpose of this thread, bob asks for some help on buying a car and I post a video of Clarkson shooting at trees and eating yellow snow! The joys of this forum. ;)

I hate to say it but I have to agree with E_D. I think the C30 is brilliant and the GTI is all hype, the R32's better.By miles.

Lol, thanks for the vote of confidence.

And the R32 is much better, but previous gen is my fav.

Anyway, what happened to the purpose of this thread, bob asks for some help on buying a car and I post a video of Clarkson shooting at trees and eating yellow snow! The joys of this forum. ;)

Yeah, Audi kills everything. :lol:

My AWD Boxer 6 Subaru SVX is timeless. Bought 2 for under $3g!

Nice deal.

The SVX was actually a very good car with the right mods. I wonder wtf happened to it. Whenever I see one, I take a second look. If i see a guy that has a nice one in good condish, i'll give him a thumbs up for sure.

XC90 is great

XC70/V70 is amazing

C70 is cool, but actually pretty bad

C30 is the exact opposite of what you said. The GTI is severely over-rated.

S80 with the V8 actually is pretty ferocious

S40 is garbage.

Your opinion of Volvos is uneducated, frankly.

As a rule, I don not like SUV's. At all. But, the XC90 has a purpose and I can see the point in having one.

No argument there, the XC70 / V70 is a brilliant car.

Again , no argument. The C70 is cool, but pretty bad. But then that doesn't matter. It is a posers car, and very few will actually be driven fast.

The C30 is useless. It is too big and too ugly and too slow to take on the likes of the Golf, Leon, Focus etc. Agreed, the GTI is very over-rated, but the Leon Cupra? Much better alternative.

I am not a huge fan of the S80, it is an old person's car. There is no logical reason to buy one over a 95 or an A6.

The S40, IMO, is a better alternative to the likes of a 93. It does look good, but the choice of engines is pretty limited.

Volvo were very good during the 90's! (when they raced in the BTCC)

Clicky for piccy.....

and again..... i dont know what possesed Volvo to race an estate but it was one hell of a car!

and again.....

Edited by Jammo

As a rule, I don not like SUV's. At all. But, the XC90 has a purpose and I can see the point in having one.

No argument there, the XC70 / V70 is a brilliant car.

Again , no argument. The C70 is cool, but pretty bad. But then that doesn't matter. It is a posers car, and very few will actually be driven fast.

The C30 is useless. It is too big and too ugly and too slow to take on the likes of the Golf, Leon, Focus etc. Agreed, the GTI is very over-rated, but the Leon Cupra? Much better alternative.

I am not a huge fan of the S80, it is an old person's car. There is no logical reason to buy one over a 95 or an A6.

The S40, IMO, is a better alternative to the likes of a 93. It does look good, but the choice of engines is pretty limited.

FYI, the C30 is actually faster than the GTI. And if you think that is ugly, did you even see the GTI?? It looks like a kids car. We don't get the Spaniards, so i dont know about that.

And seriously, the S40 is a waste of hard-earned money. It is small, slow, not amazing economy, and is a fem-volvo.

FYI, the C30 is actually faster than the GTI. And if you think that is ugly, did you even see the GTI?? It looks like a kids car. We don't get the Spaniards, so i dont know about that.

And seriously, the S40 is a waste of hard-earned money. It is small, slow, not amazing economy, and is a fem-volvo.

Oh I totally agree that the GTI is over rated and I would never buy one (apart from the R32), but I would never take a C30 over a Focus ST. I don't like the design of the C30 at all, but then the GTI isn't a pretty car either.

The Leon Cupra is the best of the binch IMO, but for those who don't get Seats (sadly) the Focus ST would be my second choice.

I still think the S40 looks good, and I would take one over a 93, but it is not an amazing car. If Volvo were to put some better engines in it then I think they would be onto something.

I hate the seats in seats (the second one is the car lol). I would be more comfortable with piles, hemorrhoids & kidney stones at the same time, the seats (the actual seat)are just so hard and horrible. And why did they just call a car company seat and then just pronounce it different, they have less imagination than porsches designers.

Edited by 2009v8

Oh I totally agree that the GTI is over rated and I would never buy one (apart from the R32), but I would never take a C30 over a Focus ST. I don't like the design of the C30 at all, but then the GTI isn't a pretty car either.

The Leon Cupra is the best of the binch IMO, but for those who don't get Seats (sadly) the Focus ST would be my second choice.

I still think the S40 looks good, and I would take one over a 93, but it is not an amazing car. If Volvo were to put some better engines in it then I think they would be onto something.

Lol, we don't get the Focus ST either. Our focus is pretty horrible. But the C30's chassis is shared with the ST so, hehe.

I hate the seats in seats (the second one is the car lol). I would be more comfortable with piles, hemorrhoids & kidney stones at the same time, the seats (the actual seat)are just so hard and horrible. And why did they just call a car company seat and then just pronounce it different, they have less imagination than porsches designers.

Yeah the seats in the likes of the Altea and the Toledo are pretty bad, but the seats in the Leon and the Ibiza are really good. They are comfortable and hold you well while going round corners. Plus the Leon Cupra is practically the same as the Golf, but it holds the road much better and can put the power down better. Seriously, everyone who buys a GTI over a Leon Cupra (in the UK) is a total idiot.

I appreciate all the help, I'm starting to look around for a new car in the paper, onlien etc. There is an audi a4 for sale near me I am looking into.

I appreciate all the help, I'm starting to look around for a new car in the paper, onlien etc. There is an audi a4 for sale near me I am looking into.

...you people just dont get it do you?

Audi is made by VW.

End of story.

...you people just dont get it do you?

Audi is made by VW.

End of story.

... What's your point? We all know that!!

If the one he is looking at is an S-Line model then he should have no problems at all and the car should go on forever, like the Audi's over here do.