Sign in to follow this  
B.o.B.

Need help looking for a used nice V6 car

42 posts in this topic

First off I'm new to the board, so Hello to every one.

I currently drive a 2002 Chevy Cavilar. I'm sick of driving around a girls car that has no pick up what so ever. I'm looking for something more nicer and flasher with decent mpg. I'm planning on selling my Cavilar for around $5,000 using that money and money I have to buy a new car. I found a few Caddy STS's for good prices but apprently the only STS's that are V6 are the newer made and are very expensive. Maybe I'm wrong though? I'm not lookign for a sports car but something decently fast and somethign that looks nice. Something I can put tints on and a decent system. Maybe a Caddy? I don't want a V8 gas guzzler that why I've been taking a look at V6 engines. The price range im looking for is under 8,000 or 9,000. Any suggestions or cars, or websites?

have you tried looking for some powerful 4-cyl cars? Some V6's arnt exactly fuel efficient, i once had an MG ZT with a 2.5V6, that averaged 19-21mpg

have you tried looking for some powerful 4-cyl cars? Some V6's arnt exactly fuel efficient, i once had an MG ZT with a 2.5V6, that averaged 19-21mpg

Any suggestions or powerful 4-cyl cars?

I agree with Jammo.

I recommend Subaru Impreza WRX, Altima SE-R (although V6, still reasonable MPG), and Mazdaspeed3.

I wouldn't go for the STS if i was you, besides the fact that I bid you luck finding a good one in your price range.

Edited by Elite_Deforce

Nah... too youth oriented, and at that it is quite ugly.

Says the one who aspires to own a volvo. That's just too grandad orientated. ;):lol: :lol:.

Says the one who aspires to own a volvo. That's just too grandad orientated. :lol: :lol: :lol:.

now now laddy! ( ;) )

nothing wrong with a Volvo (unless, hes after something like a 240GL then theres something wrong), id have one!

now now laddy! ( ;) )

nothing wrong with a Volvo (unless, hes after something like a 240GL then theres something wrong), id have one!

What he said.

One word: C30.

C70 T5 or C30 T5, or maybe the V8 XC90. The only 3 Volvo's I would consider buying.

Edited by 2009v8

C70 T5 or C30 T5, or maybe the V8 XC90. The only 3 Volvo's I would consider buying.

V70R (new shape), S80 and the XC90 is growing on me!

The XC90 is a big, soft, slow, sluggish, soft roader. But it is cheap, it is nice insice, and it has 7 usable seats so I can see the point. Just...

I don't like the S80 much, mainly because it is driven by old people, and it does nothing that seperates it from the competition.

The C70 I like, even though it has the most complicated folding metal roof in existance.

The C30 is useless in every way shape and form, why buy one over, say, a Focus ST or a Golf GTI? Hot hatches for pensioners are pointless.

I do like the XC70, I would have one over, say, an Audi allroad...

I also like the S40. It looks good, sounds good, and has a sporty feel inside. But there isn't a big enough range of engines...

My opinion of Volvos in a nutshell ;)

Edited by 2007DBR9

The XC90 is a big, soft, slow, sluggish, soft roader. But it is cheap, it is nice insice, and it has 7 usable seats so I can see the point. Just...

It can also house a lunatic in the boot shooting at trees with an SMG. ;)

Edited by 2009v8

So is that why it can plough through snow. With a lunatic in the boot shooting at trees with an SMG. ;)

Haha!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It wasn't a particularly hard course, an Audi Allroad or a Volvo XC70 could manage that easily.

Edited by 2007DBR9

"Hot hatches" are always a good place to start. For example A Golf GTI, Leon Cupra, Focus ST are all good, and all get 30+ mpg. If they are not your thing then Imprezas and Evos are always good. If you wanted a bigger more comfortable car then the Saab 95 Aero HOT is a very good car, and quite cheap too.