Sign in to follow this  
moobear

car totaled?

22 posts in this topic

okay well last week my car got t-boned. im not sure what under the hood damage is.

the car is worth about 19g. and i was just wondering if maybe anyone knew if it would be written off

i know its just pictures but still all i want is imput.

both the air bags have come out

its a 2007 pontaic G6

the passanger door is pretty mangled.

someone said there was some kind of liquid coming out of the car

the fame has alot of damage and the one side of the car is pratically on the ground.

CARCARINSIDE.jpg

CARFRONT.jpg

CARCARCAR.jpg

Doesn't look that bad. A trip to the body shop should have it looking OK, and there can't be that much wrong with the engine, so no I wouldn't say it is a write off.

A car only becomes a write off when, the engine gets full of water, if it catches fire, if any of the sub frame is damaged or if the repair costs exceed the value of the car.

Depends how much damage has been caused in the fire, and if the engine is inpossible to drain. So basically when repair costs exceed the value of the car.

It all depends. In the UK we have different catagories of write-off, from 'D' (light damage that a few quid and a trip to the body shop would fix), to 'A' (Extensive damage that'll more than likely be uneconomical to repair). The car here seems to be at around catagory C in UK terms, and would be easilly repairable as far as I can see from the pictures, especially given the car's value!

It all depends. In the UK we have different catagories of write-off, from 'D' (light damage that a few quid and a trip to the body shop would fix), to 'A' (Extensive damage that'll more than likely be uneconomical to repair). The car here seems to be at around catagory C in UK terms, and would be easilly repairable as far as I can see from the pictures, especially given the car's value!

I agree, doesnt seem to be that bad, but then again if the sub frame is gone who know with it being front wheel drive. A '07 honda civic came into my brothers shop with less them 200kms (approx 100miles) on the car and the back bumper was in the back seat. Insurance company refused to write the car off an thats no trunk left. So anything is possible it all depends on the insurance company, insurance adjuster, the damage, the repair cost, and the valve of the car.

i hope all goes well

good luck with the car

Edited by mastersypro

I agree, doesnt seem to be that bad, but then again if the sub frame is gone who know with it being front wheel drive. A '07 honda civic came into my brothers shop with less them 200kms (approx 100miles) on the car and the back bumper was in the back seat. Insurance company refused to write the car off an thats no trunk left. So anything is possible it all depends on the insurance company, insurance adjuster, the damage, the repair cost, and the valve of the car.

i hope all goes well

good luck with the car

well ive been told many different things.. im from canada and yes i understand everyother place is differnt. i have people telling me it could be cause the air bags came out. but currently its sitting in a impound lot and blah blah. all i really know about that car is parts seem to cost alot haha.

my car has about 50,000 kms and im a new driver so they might want to write it off to make my insurance go up. but im sure you guys know more than i do cause im pretty much hopeless with cars. however thank you very much:)

well ive been told many different things.. im from canada and yes i understand everyother place is differnt. i have people telling me it could be cause the air bags came out. but currently its sitting in a impound lot and blah blah. all i really know about that car is parts seem to cost alot haha.

my car has about 50,000 kms and im a new driver so they might want to write it off to make my insurance go up. but im sure you guys know more than i do cause im pretty much hopeless with cars. however thank you very much:)

by the looks of the picture it doesnt seem like it cant be fixed, but im not a body man my brother is, and even with the air bags out the year of the car is gonna play a big factor on the desision. I'm from ontario and ive seen alot worse sitting at body shops waiting to be fixed (insured or not that i dont know). Being a new drive that might make them deside to write it off as well. About a month ago my brother ditched his cavilier and hit a pole. Although he knocked the pole down that car didnt seem to be in a non repairable shape. new rad support, rad, bumper hood, fenders windshield and airbags would have had the car going again but they wrote it off cause it was a 2000 model and the bags popped. So Im figuring the book value on your car should be about 18g so I personally dont think they will write it, unless the sub frame is bent/cracked/twisted but then again it does look like at least 10g's in body damage plus atleast 5g's for the bags to be reset, that is if the back quater was hit

Edited by mastersypro

by the looks of the picture it doesnt seem like it cant be fixed, but im not a body man my brother is, and even with the air bags out the year of the car is gonna play a big factor on the desision. I'm from ontario and ive seen alot worse sitting at body shops waiting to be fixed (insured or not that i dont know). Being a new drive that might make them deside to write it off as well. About a month ago my brother ditched his cavilier and hit a pole. Although he knocked the pole down that car didnt seem to be in a non repairable shape. new rad support, rad, bumper hood, fenders windshield and airbags would have had the car going again but they wrote it off cause it was a 2000 model and the bags popped. So Im figuring the book value on your car should be about 18g so I personally dont think they will write it, unless the sub frame is bent/cracked/twisted but then again it does look like at least 10g's in body damage plus atleast 5g's for the bags to be reset, that is if the back quater was hit

Has anyone ever asked you about your bizarre spelling?

ya i know what you mean.. well my mom kind of had the same accident as me. but a semi hit her and her entire end of her suv was barley on

no air bags came out or anything thing though. and they didnt write it off. And i know it also depends on the damage under the car

the pictures make the car look a bit better than it does in real life. but ive had so many people say different things haha. im not sure what to think anymore.

well all i really know is that the people looking at the car will know whats happening. i hope they write it off just cause i know if they fix it, it will still be super safe. but now ive herd so much bad things about G6's and their steering going. and thats the last thing i need after this accident haha. thanks though!

p.s sorry. what is a subframe? haha im no very car smart:)

Has anyone ever asked you about your bizarre spelling?

I'm confused....I've seen you spell stuff more strangely, lol.

In the states, that car would be totaled. It has nothing to do with whether the car can be fixed.

It has everything to do with liability.

If the car was repaired and involved in another accident, which took someone's life, some lawyer would argue the car should have never been back on the road.

He would win millions from the agent who authorized the repair.

That's why we just mash em. Most frame damage is a total here.

Here is your chance for a new car.

Demand it be totaled.

Here's hoping you had gap insurance.