Sign in to follow this  
Pit4life

Saab 9-3 vs VW Passat

52 posts in this topic

oh yea they sold it didn't they, who has it now?

Canadian car parts maker Magna own the majority stake. GM still own around 35% though.

I've always admired Saab's styling though they're not sold here locally (so are VW's) but yes, a friend of mine who used to live in Austria told me Saab's are cool (and easy to maintain.)

I don't know about cool, but they are very easy to maintian. Most of them are reliable too. Only issue is the FWD, which is supposed to be going in the new models :lol:

What about Koenigsegg?

Damn I was thinking of Vauxhall...

You are right, Saab are owned by Koenigsegg...

2003 Saab 9-3 Linear OR 2004 Volkswagen Passat GLS

Wich is the overall better car?

saab_9-3_limousine_1.jpg

passat_gt.jpg

I have driven alot of new Passat's and a few saab 9-3's, I can tell you one thing That saab is pure sh*t compared to that passat. Saabs handle and allways will poorly, doesn't matter what model you pick... Saab is facing a bancrupcy, and only that tells you what kind of a car it is... I can allso tell you that i'm from Sweden. But if I was in your shoes I would go for an Audi A6 05- , way more room, and they aren't that expencive atleast not in sweden, their diesels are so smooth and powerful... 3.0Tdi delivers 230hp... And Sorry for bad english....

I have driven alot of new Passat's and a few saab 9-3's, I can tell you one thing That saab is pure sh*t compared to that passat. Saabs handle and allways will poorly, doesn't matter what model you pick... Saab is facing a bancrupcy, and only that tells you what kind of a car it is... I can allso tell you that i'm from Sweden. But if I was in your shoes I would go for an Audi A6 05- , way more room, and they aren't that expencive atleast not in sweden, their diesels are so smooth and powerful... 3.0Tdi delivers 230hp... And Sorry for bad english....

Just for ^ this guys post, yes.