Sign in to follow this  
Pit4life

Saab 9-3 vs VW Passat

52 posts in this topic

but maybe cliffy was talking about our point of view, we dont get as many nissan models here, we get the

X-Trail, Pathfinder, Navara, Murano, Patrol, 350Z (coupe and roadster), Qashqai, Note, Micra (normal and C+C)

(and they are all the Passenger cars)

Nissan UK

we used to have the Primera as an option, but they stopped that! (just as i got used to the styling)

nissan-primera.jpg

Noted.

Noted.

but out of that choice, id go for the Saab, perhaps the older 9-5, i liked the styling on that!

111663.1999.Saab.9-5.jpg

but if i had my choice, id go for the Vauxhall Vectra 2.2 SXi or the Vectra VXR.

(theyre about the same size as the VW and the SAAB)

but the VXR looks better

vauxhall_vectra_vxr_08_08_05.jpg

Edited by Jammo

but maybe cliffy was talking about our point of view, we dont get as many nissan models here, we get the

X-Trail, Pathfinder, Navara, Murano, Patrol, 350Z (coupe and roadster), Qashqai, Note, Micra (normal and C+C)

(and they are all the Passenger cars)

Nissan UK

we used to have the Primera as an option, but they stopped that! (just as i got used to the styling)

nissan-primera.jpg

I never got used to the Primera's styling, lol...I always prefered the previous model's stylie to that one's! I see what you mean though, Nissan really don't have much in the way of standard family cars here in the UK now....They seem to be concentrating on SUVs and pick-ups...Or is it just me?

As for the Altima, I have no experience with this car, but in my opinion VW and Saab are renowned for their great build quality and space etc. You might be right about the Altima killing both of them...Not sure about the price comparison though? Is there one? :rolleyes:

I never got used to the Primera's styling, lol...I always prefered the previous model's stylie to that one's! I see what you mean though, Nissan really don't have much in the way of standard family cars here in the UK now....They seem to be concentrating on SUVs and pick-ups...Or is it just me?

As for the Altima, I have no experience with this car, but in my opinion VW and Saab are renowned for their great build quality and space etc. You might be right about the Altima killing both of them...Not sure about the price comparison though? Is there one? :lol:

As far as the Saab goes, your just throwing money at it. As for as the dub goes, if it was made in Germany, it is better than most, but otherwise VW's have lots and lots a mech probs.

i think saab is a bit akward in its styling ...!!!

what gives you that idea?

i think their soft top is a nice looker!!!

Oh my god, what??? :huh:

Don't be too hard on young Jamie, he likes the look of the 'Mitsuoka Orochi' too don't forget... ;):P

ya

i dont like it! i was joking, but the Saab conv is a nice car! (i prefer the previous model though, and i like Saab's other models, apart from what they have done to the current 9-5 with those chrome strips that go round the lights and grill!)

small%20Saab%209-5%20biopower%20wagon.jpg

i dont like it! i was joking, but the Saab conv is a nice car! (i prefer the previous model though, and i like Saab's other models, apart from what they have done to the current 9-5 with those chrome strips that go round the lights and grill!)

small%20Saab%209-5%20biopower%20wagon.jpg

No, you were being serious...just testing the water so to speak, lol. I saw one of those 9-5s today and it made me think once again as to why on earth they'd inflict that on ANY of their cars!....Crazy, tacky and chavy....That chrome would look more at home on the grille of an old Vauxhall Nova! ;);):P

Edited by Cliffy

Personally, I'd go for Saab though both seems equal in all departments. And maybe we should consider the availability of these pieces of garbage

Or maybe we should consider the availability of your posts! Oh wait, we cant, cause I just banned you.

Edited by Elite_Deforce