Sign in to follow this  
carboy22

Where can I get an auto loan?

13 posts in this topic

I want to get a new Honda. I'm wondering where can I get a decent auto loan with a reasonable rate?

IMHO if you need a car loan then you can't afford it........ Save for a while and pay cash. Not only will you not have to worry about payments, you'll also get a better price with cash in hand...

but if your going to try and get a auto loan id go through your bank your probbaly going to need a cosinger only if your a young kid

but also if you are going to get a car loan dont waste your money on a honda i know there easy to tune and everything but really now get a loan for a car thats worth the cash

but also if you are going to get a car loan dont waste your money on a honda i know there easy to tune and everything but really now get a loan for a car thats worth the cash

And one good reason why a Honda wouldn't be worth it for a young driver? Assuming he/she is actually young of course, lol.

I wouldnt do that.

Wow, lots of advice in this thread that I am not sure I agree with. Paying cash is not practical for most people. Call your honda dealer, ask them what the rates are. Call your bank and ask them what the rates are. More important than the rates are your down payment, and term of the loan. Put as much down as you can and keep the term as short as possible. Thats more important than splitting hairs over a percentage point here and there.

Go to www.eloan.com

See the rates. Fill out the application. If all go's well, they will have a blank check sent to you in a couple of days, good for an amount up to what you asked for.

Now you can go to the dealer and work on price and not have to deal with all the 4 square BS of "Trade-In", "Down", "Interest Rates". You work a deal and tell them that you are going to write them a check. Done. NOTE: They will try and have you use there financing. :rolleyes: Tell them to beat the E-Loan rate. If they do...great. If not...there loss, and you drive off. I've done it for the past 4 cars I have bought. 2 of the 4, the dealer beat the E-Loan or Capital One...rate and I got a way better rate than was first offered. They are going to make there money off Financing and Servicing the car. If they can't beat the loan you have, screw them.

PS: You may want to look at the Mazda 3 or even better the Speed 3.

The guy needs a car loan, I dont think hes going to go all out and get a speed 3. teh Mazda 3 will do.

LOL then maybe he should consider:

rocket-bicycle.jpg