Sign in to follow this  
Wally

Just a thought

22 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

Wally    0

One of the areas I like to hang around on forums is generalised mechanicals, where people can discuss how things work, how to size and select bits 'n bobs, etc. Not everyone agrees with particular methods, but it does make for interesting reading and exchange of ideas.

Cliffy    0
One of the areas I like to hang around on forums is generalised mechanicals, where people can discuss how things work, how to size and select bits 'n bobs, etc. Not everyone agrees with particular methods, but it does make for interesting reading and exchange of ideas.

Can you go in to more detail with that?...I think I see where you're coming from, but I get confused easily...I guess Steve migt understand though, lol.

Wally    0
Can you go in to more detail with that?...I think I see where you're coming from, but I get confused easily...I guess Steve migt understand though, lol.

Well it could include very basic stuff, like a member asking how a four stroke engine works. Upto things like questions about sizing and selecting a turbocharger.

e.g What is the significance camshaft duration. What pressure should I see on my compression test gauge with this particular camshaft.

Sought of a How Stuff Works, but with conversation.

Cliffy    0
Well it could include very basic stuff, like a member asking how a four stroke engine works. Upto things like questions about sizing and selecting a turbocharger.

e.g What is the significance camshaft duration. What pressure should I see on my compression test gauge with this particular camshaft.

Sought of a How Stuff Works, but with conversation.

I like that idea, although it's Steve who's the boss man, lol....

Steve    0

Wally-

In your opinion is there any overlap on the "After Market Parts and Electronics" and "Repairs & Maintenance" forums? Sounds like a good idea but I want to make sure everything is organized and simple to browse for new members . I am always open to re-orging and adding when it makes sense :).

Wally    0
Wally-

In your opinion is there any overlap on the "After Market Parts and Electronics" and "Repairs & Maintenance" forums? Sounds like a good idea but I want to make sure everything is organized and simple to browse for new members . I am always open to re-orging and adding when it makes sense :).

Well I guess it could be spread among the forums, but building up a bit of a knowledge base, not peculiar to a particular make or model seems to attract interest (number of views), even if there's a low participation rate of posts.

It was just an idea and maybe only suited to nerdy types like myself.

Steve    0

I think it is a great idea :). I just want to find a way to work it in the best with the other forums. Do you think they are ok as they are or do you think we can massage them around some plus add the new one you suggested? I appreciate the thoughts and feedback!

Wally    0
I think it is a great idea :). I just want to find a way to work it in the best with the other forums. Do you think they are ok as they are or do you think we can massage them around some plus add the new one you suggested? I appreciate the thoughts and feedback!

Steve

I'm feeling my way here and starting to feel a bit guilty that I haven't got the runs on the board to be making any qualified suggestions. The forums seem to be fairly mainstream, crisp and easy to navigate.

Get some knowitalls and characters in here and it should fire right up.

I think Wally's idea is perfect. I don't know why your thinking about it, Steve. Just do it. I think this is the only site on the net with the least members. You can quote that.

Steve    0

Agreed we need a good hook to pull more people in. Since relaunching the site in May we are up 25% in traffic (unique visits each day) on average. That is not bad in the short time since then. We have a car show we are going to cover at the PlayBoy Mansion next month that (including pictures) ought to be something that catches people's eyes around the net. Mote info on that to come later!

Agreed we need a good hook to pull more people in. Since relaunching the site in May we are up 25% in traffic (unique visits each day) on average. That is not bad in the short time since then. We have a car show we are going to cover at the PlayBoy Mansion next month that (including pictures) ought to be something that catches people's eyes around the net. Mote info on that to come later!

That should be enough, you don't want to much now!

Cliffy    0

Sounds interesting, Steve! This place has got noticeably busier from what I can see!

Steve    0

So maybe a new forum called something like, "Nuts and Bolts, How Things Work" or something similar? Sounds interesting :).

Back to Top ↑