Sign in to follow this  
PontiacGP

I'm buying a truck

13 posts in this topic

I have been able to get a verygood deal on a 1992 Ford F150 pickup so I'm buying it. 2wd manual trans and the 4.9 liter 6 cyl. Im going to sell my 86 laser turbo, but keep my dodge and pontiac. Do I slam the truck or keep it stock? I plan on hauling my motorcycles and wuad with it as well as hauling lots od other stuff. Can lowered trucks still haul weight in the bed? Also, should I get clear tailights? I now the lights are a riceboy thing, but they do look ok. Maybee all i'll do is pust a system in it..... I don't know what to do. :)

Guest Saabman44

stock, i cannot stress that enough. Keep it stock, if you are going to do anything, go larger. Size does matter :)

You can slam it. But hauling weight and keeping it low, about your only choice there is to go with air-bag suspension. Street trucks are cool, slammed trucks, low-riding, I'm not too impressed with. If it's dropped to compliment the areodynamics and nail a wheel and tire combination for stance - AND make it fast, that's one thing. The V6 doesn't leave much room for performance, though.

If you raise it up, remember how much harder it will be to load and unload bikes and quads, the higher you go.

Perhaps just a set of 31" to 33" tires on either 15" or 16" rims will be all you'll need to get you to the riding area and back.

Guest kicker

i'd say keep it stock, my freind has the same exact truck and and it can do some sick burnouts, donuts and power slides. Maybe some new exhaust to give it a throatier sound, but maybe some wider more adgressive tires.

I think I agree. I may just put a set of 31X10.50 tires on it when the time comes. I really do need it for hauling purposes and airbags and such are expensive so she is going to be stock except for a mild stereo system. CD player, (have one), 12" sub ( have a couple to choose) some new door speakers, and a small 4 channel amp. ( I have to have my tunes)

If you wanna spend money on it. Definately get a sprayed in bedliner as soon as you can afford it. Those things are worth their weight in gold. If not, or in addition too, get a plastic bedliner. If you ride bikes its a neccesity.

*Blig pops the hood, looks at the inline six*

Ok, I see a cool air intake, its got a NOS Fogger system, and a T-4 Turbo, Dominic.  I see an A-I-C controller, it has direct port nitrous injection. - Yeah, and a stand alone fuel management system...not a bad way to spend 10 thousand dollars.
:)

quoting the fast and the furious blig....

Maybee I could slap a big ole turbo on there :D

I doubt it. I am think about what I can do to upgrade it a little. The engine gets very good torque. It is a 4.9L/ 300 cid Inline six, backed by a 5 speed manual, and a 3.55 posi rear end. Not too bad. The truck wieghs 3700 pounds empty.

Still contemplating altezza taillights though.

You do need to up the horsepower on that! Rated at 145 horses. A good 55 horses will really make a difference.

As far as torque goes, you've got 265 ft-lbs. That's pretty good for a V6 pushing a heavy truck. Scores a .072 power to weight ratio!

wow, no tail lights. bad cheddar. i say just do some loud exhaust. wheels, and system. remember, its an old school truck. buy it cuz u gotta good deal on it, not because u wanna rice it.